All IN: Free drinks

Zoedokey

HI, never cruised MSC before but I am seeing offers for Seaside from Miami in March that say all in:free drinks in all category cabins.  At 549 for inside cabins, I don't see how this is true. Does this offer sound weird to anyone? 

Be sure and click on the link in the free drink/internet banner.  Then price your cruise from the choices there.  Should be a couple of symbols at the bottom of the page indicating the internet and drink package.  Be aware that is the least expensive of 3 offered drink packages.  The Easy Package..although you can upgrade after booking to a higher level package for a price.  

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Cruise-Deals/Top-Deals/All-In-Cruise-Deals.aspx

More info here on the drink packages

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Manage-Your-Booking/All-Inclusive-Packages.aspx

Edited by PTC DAWG

1 hour ago, ready2cruzagain said:

No, not weird at all.  No other cruise line gives you that for that price.  We love it!  Of course, we do upgrade to the next package so we can have a wider variety of drinks.

How much is the upgrade to the next package?

I just booked our third YC trip on the Seaside for next February and saw this listed on my invoice

that was just sent to me. My TA confirmed he booked me under the All In Free Drinks and Wifi.
I am thinking I DO NOT want to be booked under this promotion, is that correct? I want to make sure

I am given what comes with the YC drinks, not have my card limited to the least drink package.

Do I need to ask to be taken off this promotion? 

2 minutes ago, js said:

I just booked our third YC trip on the Seaside for next February and saw this listed on my invoice

that was just sent to me. My TA confirmed he booked me under the All In Free Drinks and Wifi.
I am thinking I DO NOT want to be booked under this promotion, is that correct? I want to make sure

I am given what comes with the YC drinks, not have my card limited to the least drink package.

Do I need to ask to be taken off this promotion? 

No ... you will get what you're entitled to as a YC guest (it was the Deluxe package, but I still haven't seen any confirmation of what's replaced it - whether it's the Premium or Premium+ package).

The price you're paying comes under the current promotion "All In, Free Drinks and WiFi", hence it's included on your invoice. Prices of cabins depend on the promotion running.  MSC will often have 2 or 3 different promotions on some cruises.  I've often found that YC prices can be more expensive on one promotion than another, despite the fact that the benefits that come with the higher price don't relate to YC, anyway (such as when one of the promotions includes a drinks package).

35 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

No ... you will get what you're entitled to as a YC guest (it was the Deluxe package, but I still haven't seen any confirmation of what's replaced it - whether it's the Premium or Premium+ package).

The price you're paying comes under the current promotion "All In, Free Drinks and WiFi", hence it's included on your invoice. Prices of cabins depend on the promotion running.  MSC will often have 2 or 3 different promotions on some cruises.  I've often found that YC prices can be more expensive on one promotion than another, despite the fact that the benefits that come with the higher price don't relate to YC, anyway (such as when one of the promotions includes a drinks package).

Thank you. My TA said he was going to recheck for me so I'm guessing this hasn't been asked by someone else recently to him.

I just don't want to be on the ship next February with the basic drink package, being in the YC knowing I should be getting something else and knowing it will be a headache to hopefully get fixed.

We are on Divina currently. Easy package has plenty of choices and we didn't upgrade. They are very generous with choices if you ask nicely and are kind and respectful to staff. Easy package includes non alcoholic coctails and smoothies as well as coffee and chocolate drinks up to $6. 

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

Hi.  This is what my TA just sent me:

You get the Premium package up to $12 a drink unlimited + 3GB of w-fi for 2 devices.

I am guessing this sounds correct.  On RCCL and NCL, there really isn't any drink I think under $12 (we get the drink package so not really sure) so hoping beer, wine, margaritas and mojitos are included and under $12?

6 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Well ... I've seen that the champagne, Nicholas Feuillatte, which was included in YC (and on the Deluxe package) is now $14.75 a glass which means that it's outside of the price limit of the Premium package.  That's a downgrade!

Wines prices.pdf

Thank you for always being so helpful with my questions.

If the price is higher than the $12 do I pay the full price, for instance, $14.75 or the difference in the price?

Also, where did you find that picture? I would like to see if the margaritas and mojitios are in the price range.

But now that I'm thinking about it, my cruise isn't until next February so a lot can change.

My upcoming cruise next month was booked almost two years ago so I think I'm grandfathered in to the Venchi and gelatos, go me!

Thanks so much!

Edited by js

41 minutes ago, js said:

Hi.  This is what my TA just sent me:

You get the Premium package up to $12 a drink unlimited + 3GB of w-fi for 2 devices.

I am guessing this sounds correct.  On RCCL and NCL, there really isn't any drink I think under $12 (we get the drink package so not really sure) so hoping beer, wine, margaritas and mojitos are included and under $12?

All beers, several wines and yes marguaritas and mojitas are all under $12. 

New bar menus with current prices:

image.png.18b78349939751d5614c68dad011bda7.png

image.png.08d3103048f85baac059bc0b252ae457.png

image.png.ae5e4866ca95c493939e9ded723777ca.png

image.png.11a97f73d4a2f8114ee677d3a567782a.png

37 minutes ago, js said:

Thank you for always being so helpful with my questions.

If the price is higher than the $12 do I pay the full price, for instance, $14.75 or the difference in the price?

Also, where did you find that picture? I would like to see if the margaritas and mojitios are in the price range.

But now that I'm thinking about it, my cruise isn't until next February so a lot can change.

My upcoming cruise next month was booked almost two years ago so I think I'm grandfathered in to the Venchi and gelatos, go me!

Thanks so much!

You're very welcome!

You have to pay full price for anything not included, plus 15% service charge.

Edited by Beamafar

7 minutes ago, omarchs said:

I think the listing I saw indicated that only the premium plus got the mini bar included which was included with the yacht club previously so that would be another downgrade.

I'm sure the mini-bar will still be included in YC.  MSC will want the YC to remain "All-inclusive" I would imagine.

Thank you both very, very much, although I guess a lot can change between now and next February LOL
I do hope the mini bar is included.  If not, I guess I will walk to the bar, ask for a few bottles of beer and water and

put in my fridge that I ask to be emptied (or I empty myself).

It is convenient to have the fridge and I enjoy having one on our cruises, which are usually empty. I put my pre ordered waters or soda for my dh in them.

Thank you again, I feel better about being booked under this new sale.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Beamafar said:

I'm sure you'll have a wonderful cruise, JS.  Go with the flow and enjoy!  🙂

Thank you Bea. Love your name I call my dd Bea. 

Yes I always go with the flow on vacations. Its my only time to fully unwind. 

Cannt wait!