FLL Hotel for family of 4

evajean

I've been searching these boards all day but can't seem to find what I'm looking for.  Can anyone help me with a reasonable hotel for myself and 3 kids?  Flight comes in at noon so we have a little time to explore but not much.  What's most important is maybe a restaurant nearby for dinner, shopping for last minute necessities and a pool or beach.  Any families have luck somewhere?  Coming in Friday March 22nd so most places off 17th street are super expensive.   Looking for something more reasonable than $300 a night.  Bonus for airport and cruise port shuttles.  Thanks!

For the last two years, I have stayed at the Hampton Inn in Plantation.  They offer a free airport shuttle, as well as a free shuttle to the port.  They also offer a nice breakfast in the morning and the hotel is located across the street from a mall.  There is a pool.  You might want want to check it out to see if it is in your budget.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Define reasonable...You are arriving in peak season. And booking late. 

Was hoping somewhere between $200-$250.  Shoot! I didn't realize I was booking late.  Uber isn't the end of the world so I guess dining and the ability to buy wine or some drinks may be important too!

I agree with using Hotwire or Priceline. When I started looking for a pre cruise hotel in Fort Lauderdale for the beginning of Feb I was a little surprised at how high the prices were. It was tough finding a deal if I was looking at a certain area that is popular for cruise passengers. Or trying to narrow my search to include shuttles.

So I instead found a good deal on a rental car (pick up at FLL drop off at Port Everglades). That freed me up to search the entire area for a hotel. I went with a 90% recommended property for $95 on Hotwire. I ended up getting the Sheraton Suites at Cypress Creek.

I 'm getting in at FLL around 12 too. I rented a car using Costco and spent $37 total with Alamo dropping at Port Everglades. Then got the Sheraton Suites  Sawgrass for $100 on a Priceline Express Deal. Everything closer is upper 200's.  Pretty easy to figure hotels out using the Better BIdding tools.

• Haha 1

Flying into FLL, cruising out of POM. Just got Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale/Plantation via priceline express for $125. minus the 10% coupon that was emailed to me. Includes airport shuttle, hot breakfast and shopping shuttle. Had originally bean looking for hotel in south Lauderdale but hotel prices too high. Decided that there is very little difference in price of Uber from Plantation area vs. south Lauderdale.