Disembarking Anthem on weekday; can we make an 11am flight from Newark?

GROUPTRAVEL

Hi,

We're researching flight options for our summer cruise on Anthem of the Seas.   The cruise returns on a Thursday AM.  If we self disembark, is it likely we can make an 11am flight from Newark?  There are later flights but they are significantly more expensive and we prefer not to fly out of New York airports.

Any tips/recommendations would be appreciated.

Thank you 

Anthem usually docks in Bayonne by 6 am.  If the ship is on time, they scramble to get people off so the ship can be cleared for embarkation by 11 am.

So if you get yourselves up really early and get in line, you can probably be off the ship by 7:30-8 am and on your way to EWR.  Having said all that, there is always a risk of unexpected delays.  

Are you buying trip insurance that covers trip interruption?  I’ve had bad arrivals at Cape Liberty.  One time I arrived in a major snow storm.  My train to Boston was rescheduled.  Getting to Newark Penn Station was a nightmare.  Boston was in the “blizzard” zone so I hotwired a Boston hotel room anticipating that I would not be able to safely get to my house.  It was all pretty much covered by insurance.

There are 3 terminals at Newark connected by a train.  I had to check in with United at one terminal, and then go up stairs to catch a train to another terminal to catch my flight....maddening!  Take that into consideration when you're considering flights.

Roz