Are there taxis at Brimstone Hill Fortress?

andy_man

Exploring Brimstone Hill Fortress is the only thing that I'm interested in doing while in St. Kitts.  It looks easy enough to get a taxi from the port to take me out to the fortress.  I want to spend as much time as I want to fully explore the fortress.

However, how do I get back to port once I'm done exploring?  Will there be taxis waiting at the fortress grounds?  Can I call a taxi to come pick me up?

Most if not all of the visitors to Brimstone Hill that are from the cruise ships arrive as part of an island tour. You will have to arrange transportation back to the port area. You will have to have a taxi wait for you. There is no taxi stand at the fort. One possibility would be to find a taxi driver to take you there, when finished you could walk back down the hill to the main island road and catch a local bus back to town.  

I am guessing that they will not charge the driver the entrance fee. The kiosk for paying the fee is part way up the hill to the fort. There is a small snack bar near the entrance once you get to the parking area & over the years have seen drivers waiting there for their fares to complete their visit to the fort.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, paul58 said:

I am guessing that they will not charge the driver the entrance fee. The kiosk for paying the fee is part way up the hill to the fort. There is a small snack bar near the entrance once you get to the parking area & over the years have seen drivers waiting there for their fares to complete their visit to the fort.

Thanks!

(We've been once before, as part of another tour, but I want to spend my time there)

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/16/2019 at 4:56 AM, paul58 said:

Most if not all of the visitors to Brimstone Hill that are from the cruise ships arrive as part of an island tour. You will have to arrange transportation back to the port area. You will have to have a taxi wait for you. There is no taxi stand at the fort. One possibility would be to find a taxi driver to take you there, when finished you could walk back down the hill to the main island road and catch a local bus back to town.  

Walk down the long windy narrow road from Brimstone and wait for a bus...sorry...I personally wouldn't recommend this to anyone....but your choice to do so.

• Haha 1