700+...All the Pinnacles you've met.

bonsai3s

We have all met Pinnacles.  At the Top Tier events, the Top 3 highest cruisers are introduced.  The number of cruise days are announced...silently, we think...wow, that's a lot of days...I will never make it...sigh.

Perhaps you are a Pinnacle yourself...or know one, or two, a few...or even here on Cruise Critic.  A topic of conversation always comes up:  Most know that "Super Mario" is most likely the highest level/most days/highest Pinnacle with RCCL..........those of you that have met Pinnacles....who's had the most/highest Crown & Anchor level that you know of other than Super Mario?  What is the number of days/nights?

Just curious....700...800...900...1000...1100...1200...1300...1400...1500...1600.................2000....3000...4000...5000....

(If we're not mistaken, Super Mario has around 7500...not sure, just guessing.)   For privacy, no need to include names.  Thank you. :classic_smile:

I have no idea how many points they have, but the overwhelming number of pineapples that we've encountered were people you didn't want to know how many points they had.  UGH.

However, I've met several here that were fairly normal folks.

That's the thing, normally the only pineapples you meet on the ship are the ones that make a huge scene about their status.  The normal folks (AKA the best pineapples) just blend in with all the other people.

We were cruise-adopted by a (as we found out much later were extremely wealthy) couple who were pineapples who sail all over the world and must be fairly high up the list.  They were the most down-to-earth folks.  It was our first time being able to use the Coastal Kitchen.  We were standing outside (likely looking stupid) and they took us in and showed us the ropes.  They were so NORMAL that I figured they must have just been cruising since the 70s or something and gained the status the hard way.  Regular clothes.  Regular attitudes.  Regular folks.  We saw them almost every day and they'd wave or call us over to tell us about something they saw.  We found out that they had some serious pull in that room because whenever we'd sit with them, every server in the room was completely watching for their needs.  We had very normal conversations with them like we would with anyone even though they were likely closer to our grandparents age.  Towards the end of the cruise he made some random statement and I went "OOOOH, that sounds insanely expensive" and he made some comment that instantly made it absolutely clear it wasn't even vaguely expensive to them.  He just laughed and said his humble, poor roots made him a really bad rich guy.

Edited by poncho1973
  • Like 3

I have no idea.  I never ask what level someone is at and no one has ever cared to share their status to me.  I did sit with one pinnacle couple in the SL on Anthem a few nights and they acted like "normal" people, whatever that may mean.  I only knew because of the P pin the man wore.

Ditch diggers are just as valuable as the guy that writes their check.

People are either nice or they or not.

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • Like 7

The three highest point total C&A cruisers are normally announced at the top tier party, with their cruise points announced by the Loyalty Ambassador and the top cruisers receiving a bottle of champagne and a photo op with the officers. No one needs to ask.

We have met and are friends with some really wonderful Pinnacles. They are truly wonderful friends and have taught us so much about cruising and continue to mentor us on our quest for Pinnacle.  There will always be people who think they are above everyone else.  Just ignore them, enjoy your cruise and focus more on meeting folks who make your cruising experience even more enjoyable.   

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ticketsunlimited said:

I have met about 30 Pinnacle members on the Anthem sailing I am on right now.  There are 60+ pinnacles on this cruise.  The captain said this is the most Pinnacles ever on Anthem at one time.  Busiest week EVER in Coastal kitchen is the way our waiter Rajeev described it. Dan

Oh the poor unsuspecting suite guests who paid for a nice "exclusive" experience to find themselves being part of the "Busiest week EVER in Coastal kitchen."  Glad I am not one of them this time.  Hopefully, like me, they learned their lesson about how diluted the experience is when the CK/SL are flooded with non-suite paying passengers.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

..........those of you that have met Pinnacles....who's had the most/highest Crown & Anchor level that you know of other than Super Mario?  What is the number of days/nights?

Notta clue.  Although years ago, I saw a couple on Majesty several times who, I think, were #2 for a while.  Not sure what ever happened to them.  

1 hour ago, Andy C said:

Oh the poor unsuspecting suite guests who paid for a nice "exclusive" experience to find themselves being part of the "Busiest week EVER in Coastal kitchen."  Glad I am not one of them this time.  Hopefully, like me, they learned their lesson about how diluted the experience is when the CK/SL are flooded with non-suite paying passengers.  

I started reading this thread, got to post #4 and say... “Oh boy, wait until Andy reads this one”.

7 posts later .... a response. Excellent response time. 😂

mac_tlc

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Keep in mind that many pinnacles accumulated many extra points a few years ago when 3 or 4 days cruises were converted to 7 points during a Crown and Anchor realignment.

It will take longer to reach pinnacle now if you have many 3 and 4 day cruises because they only earn 3 or 4 points.

34 minutes ago, Vibe said:

Keep in mind that many pinnacles accumulated many extra points a few years ago when 3 or 4 days cruises were converted to 7 points during a Crown and Anchor realignment.

It will take longer to reach pinnacle now if you have many 3 and 4 day cruises because they only earn 3 or 4 points.

Not as many as reported is my opinion.  We only had 3-4

36 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

I started reading this thread, got to post #4 and say... “Oh boy, wait until Andy reads this one”.

7 posts later .... a response. Excellent response time. 😂

mac_tlc

11 hours, though

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vibe said:

There are also quite a few that sailed in JR suites or above and could reach in 350 nights.

• Like 1

There are nice and nasty cruisers in every C&A category, or in no category at all!   I  don't know why Pinnacle always get singled out.  I would NEVER ask someone how many cruises or cruise points they had.  We are occasionally asked and we   say something vague like "we have a fair amount"   Would anyone walk around the air terminal and ask the passengers how many flights they take each year, or ask their airline status?

So weird, ... Last cruise a woman at our lunch table kept bragging that she  was on her 6th cruise.  At first I was happy she was so excited.  Then she  asked  everyone at the table  how many cruises they had.   Most had fewer than 6, some were new cruisers,     When she got to us we said our usual   "a fair amount"  She then said, again, that she had 6, so she wins!  

Honestly, who cares?

M. 

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Blizzard54 said:

There are also quite a few that sailed in JR suites or above and could reach in 350 nights.

Or even fewer if one partner sails solo in a JS or above.  21  points for a week, adds up  quickly! 

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Vibe said:

Only those who sailed prior to  2011 had the potential extra points.  And conversely there are a handful of cruisers who only had longer cruises and actually lost  out at the conversion.  

m

• Like 1

I met two couples on the same cruise who were pinnacle.  I guess "met" is the wrong term.  I observed them.  On our lunch for the B2B cruisers, one couple couldn't be bothered to sit with us commoners.  While the rest of us were seated on the port side of the dining room, they announced their status and demanded to sit in the middle of the dining room, thus standing out from the rest of us.  They were visited by multiple officers and got a lot of attention from the waitstaff.  The other was at the Schooner Bar.  They stepped in between me and my husband as we sat at the bar waiting our turn waving frantically because they needed to be served before the rest of us.

14 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

We have all met Pinnacles.  At the Top Tier events, the Top 3 highest cruisers are introduced.  The number of cruise days are announced...silently, we think...wow, that's a lot of days...I will never make it...sigh.

Betcha weren't expecting your thread to pull the Pinnacle bashers out of the wood work.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, ticketsunlimited said:

I have met about 30 Pinnacle members on the Anthem sailing I am on right now.  There are 60+ pinnacles on this cruise.  The captain said this is the most Pinnacles ever on Anthem at one time.  Busiest week EVER in Coastal kitchen is the way our waiter Rajeev described it. Dan

We had 61 Pinnies on our Oasis cruise last month.  We never, ever...had trouble finding a seat in the SL, or getting our choice of dining time in CK.  Met some really nice Pinnacles that were very welcoming, and had a lot of fun.  Dined with several that invited us to their table, and sat with many in the SL.  Looking forward to going again on Sunday.  

We were on Rhapsody, the little Vision ship, which had 44 Pinnies on it.  Seemed like a large number for a smaller group, but it was fun also.  🙂 

• Like 1