Hobby area - need help finding restaurant near wine store

MalteseMama2

We are spending the night before the cruise at the Double Tree at Hobby. Last month in Orlando we stayed at the Hyatt at the airport, took an Uber to a restaurant and were able to walk a couple blocks to a liquor store, then get Uber back to the Hyatt. We are hoping I do the same in Houston. 

Don't know anything about gluten free but there's a Taquerias Arandas on the freeway frontage that is amazing.  I have lived in the Houston area all my life and the area down there is not an area I consider unsafe.  Uber over there.  Go inside and eat.  Uber somewhere else.  It's not like someone is going to hijack the Uber.  there is a 9 Liquor on Airport Blvd. right next to the airport.  Google maps...

19 hours ago, lifes-a-beach said:

Don't know anything about gluten free but there's a Taquerias Arandas on the freeway frontage that is amazing.  I have lived in the Houston area all my life and the area down there is not an area I consider unsafe.  Uber over there.  Go inside and eat.  Uber somewhere else.  It's not like someone is going to hijack the Uber.  there is a 9 Liquor on Airport Blvd. right next to the airport.  Google maps...

Thanks! We probably will Uber to dinner, Uber to buy wine and Uber back to the hotel. This is our first time cruising out of Galveston & we are not at all familiar with the area. We have found staying at a hotel that is located at an airport can be very helpful. In Dec our luggage didn’t make it Orlando the same time we did. We checked in to the hotel the picked up the luggage when it arrived. After our cruise a snowstorm hit the east coast so we stayed in the hotel again instead of spending the night in the airport waiting area. 

• 1 month later...

There is a Spec's liquor on I_45 South (Gulf Freeway) 11130 Gulf Freeway#500 in a strip center I believe between Monroe and Airport. Google Specs as its wine selection would be the best in that area. Very close would be a Pappas BarBQ restaurant and across the freeway and north a bit is Captain Bennys Seafood. Captain Benny's is nothing to look at but good fried and broiled shrimp, catfish, Oysters, gumbo etc. Also raw oysters by the dozen. Both would be affordable by Uber to/from the Doubletree.

53 minutes ago, 1Texansgo said:

There is a Spec's liquor on I_45 South (Gulf Freeway) 11130 Gulf Freeway#500 in a strip center I believe between Monroe and Airport. Google Specs as its wine selection would be the best in that area. Very close would be a Pappas BarBQ restaurant and across the freeway and north a bit is Captain Bennys Seafood. Captain Benny's is nothing to look at but good fried and broiled shrimp, catfish, Oysters, gumbo etc. Also raw oysters by the dozen. Both would be affordable by Uber to/from the Doubletree.

Thanks! This is very helpful information!