Navigator dry dock upgrades

Lily2006

Part of the "upgrade" was to replace the space formerly occupied by the very nice fitness center and locker rooms with cabins, and to put in a smaller fitness center without the free saunas/steam rooms that were once the trademark of Voyager- and Freedom-class ships. More profit centers and fewer complimentary guest amenities--not an upgrade in MY book.

Edited by CntPAcruiser

Also on that sailing! In short, two new water slides and upgraded/enhanced pool deck with new bar concept by the pool. I have read that there may be more nightlife around that area as well, which is nice because on my last cruise on Anthem, they had absolutely no outdoor deck parties or bars open at night. Also, Johnny Rockets will move by the pool to JR Express (likely still fee) and they will add an El Loco Fresh taco stand (reports say complimentary).

Also, two new bars on the Promenade: Playmakers Sports Bar and The Bamboo Room tiki bar. Moving Diamond Lounge to where the Cigar Bar is by Star Lounge. Starbucks across from Boleros on deck 4.

Laser Tag in Studio B. Escape Room (likely on 15?). Hooked Seafood to replace Sabor. 

Moving Fitness center from forward to aft to make room for new staterooms. 

12 hours ago, CntPAcruiser said:

Part of the "upgrade" was to replace the space formerly occupied by the very nice fitness center and locker rooms with cabins, and to put in a smaller fitness center without the free saunas/steam rooms that were once the trademark of Voyager- and Freedom-class ships. More profit centers and fewer complimentary guest amenities--not an upgrade in MY book.

I’m not happy about the fitness center either.  It is a downgrade for sure.  

However, as a whole the amped Navigator will be a huge improvement IMO.  Can’t wait to sail her in March to the ABC’s

Dan

So, where is the Cigar lounge moving too or are they just getting rid of it?

Thanks.

On 1/18/2019 at 7:59 AM, cot427 said:

Also, two new bars on the Promenade: Playmakers Sports Bar and The Bamboo Room tiki bar. Moving Diamond Lounge to where the Cigar Bar is by Star Lounge. Starbucks across from Boleros on deck 4.

4 minutes ago, jhaas13 said:

So, where is the Cigar lounge moving too or are they just getting rid of it?

Thanks.

Gone.

Cigars will be restricted to one side of the outside of decks 11 and 12.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I think it's a big mistake getting rid of the cigar lounge!  A cigar and a cognac were the perfect way to end the evening.  Now we have to go out on deck to enjoy our stogies and subject ourselves to the complaints of all the soccer moms that are offended by the smell.  The lounge gave us a place to go where we didn't bother anyone, and we could smoke our sticks and enjoy our adult beverages in peace.  RCCL, you should really reconsider this lousy decision!  Flame away!!!!

Elvis

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 8:07 PM, The Fun Researcher said:

I wouldn’t deny anyone a good cigar and cognac.  I just think that area was underutilized compared to other areas of the ship.  It will be BUSY in the evenings now that it’s the Diamond lounge.

Dan

Trouble is that most people, me included, use the Diamond Lounge for the free drinks and free food.  They are not making money on the place.  The cigar lounge always had a good crowd in there spending money!

Elvis

On 2/15/2019 at 6:37 PM, Elvis1209 said:

I think it's a big mistake getting rid of the cigar lounge!  A cigar and a cognac were the perfect way to end the evening.  Now we have to go out on deck to enjoy our stogies and subject ourselves to the complaints of all the soccer moms that are offended by the smell.  The lounge gave us a place to go where we didn't bother anyone, and we could smoke our sticks and enjoy our adult beverages in peace.  RCCL, you should really reconsider this lousy decision!  Flame away!!!!

Elvis

Ditto! 

Disappointed that the Cigar Lounge's are fading away.