Cruising with Marella

emam

Hi, we have booked to go on the Explorer 2 in July. It's a first for us with Marella and also for a fly cruise. We have only done 4 cruises before, so still relatively new to cruising. Three of those were with P&O and our first one we had someone along to show us the ropes.

What I 'm wondering about is the excursions and where and when you can find and book them. On P&O they sent us a brochure with them in, they also have the cruise personaliser. Does Marella do anything like this, either the brochure or the cruise personaliser. We booked through a TA who told us they can print them off and book them for us. We did this ourselves on the prior cruises, which way do you think is the best to book them.

Also we are flying from Newcastle. One person told us we have to pick our own cases up at the other end and one said that we don't. I have read somewhere about a bonded flight, I am guessing this means everyone on the flight is going on the cruise.  How do we know if we are on one of those, I have a feeling flying from Newcastle that we might not be.

Any other tips greatly appreciated. 

emam

Hi Emam it's been many years since Thomson sent out excursion brochures you can now find and book them on the Marella site or register to view your bookings we always book onboard unless we are visiting a particular port but with tui you can cancel without loss if you give them 24hours notice. Only bonded port in Europe is Dubrovnik so bad luck you have to collect your luggage😯 Have a good one.

It's very easy to book excursions on line and slightly cheaper than on board On the Cruise page scroll a long way down to excursions, click, then enter your cruise ref no, lead passenger surname and date of sailing Everything you need is there.

Thanks for you help.

I have tried to log into Tui who said there was no account for my email, so I created one. It now says that I don't have any bookings.

Previously I had looked on what must be the flight details and managed to get in with a reference number. Now it says that they have found my booking but that I have either input the wrong surname or travel date. I tried it lots of times with the same result.

So now according to Tui, I don't have a booking or a flight. I do however have one with my travel agent. I will have to contact them tomorrow to see what is happening. 

5 minutes ago, Pensioncruiser said:

Have a look on 'retrieve my booking' on the tui app. It is sometimes a problem when you have booked through a TA. Good luck. 

Thanks I will try that later. I am on my desktop at the minute.

https://www.marellaexcursionspassenger.tui.co.uk/login

this is the website you need and you don't need an email address only as stated above Your ref no should consist of 7 numbers starting with 7

check your booking confirmation paperwork and don't use the TA booking ref no if it's not as above It should however be in your confirmation somewhere

good luck

Edited by Vitalsign

Tui also have a destination desk/s on board. Pre-booked trip tickets will be in your cabin. Very easy to book extra trips or to cancel just be mindful of any really popular trips and book quickly. Sometimes trips can get cancelled due to missed ports/weather or lack of numbers especially if a more expensive excursion.

Thanks to all of you for your help. I have now managed to get into the excursions. Now we just have to decide on which ones we want. 

The first one is in Toulon and I fancy a look at the Naval Base. So from what i can see so far, it's a trip on the little train.

Thanks agian

emam