Oceanview Balcony Guarantee Cabin Question

lorimay

We're booked on the Mariner on a March sailing.  Since it's just a quick weekend I decided to take a chance on the guarantee cabin and figured I'd use the few extra dollars we saved and use it on something else.  We have not been assigned a cabin yet.   It's an oceanview balcony guarantee and there seem to be a lot of balcony cabins available on several decks. My SetSail pass says Deck 6 GTY.  Does the Deck 6 mean anything? Or is it just a placeholder until the cabin is assigned?  Thanks for your help -

Never heard of a Deck 6 GTY.  Might be a new category that limits your stateroom to deck 6, or it might be just some sort of glitch in the system and you could be assigned any deck. 

I just recently booked a last minute trip on independence and took the same balcony guarantee room.  My pass says same deck 6 GTY  I thought maybe they held a few rooms on deck 6 specifically for the guarantee bookings or maybe it simply means at least deck 6,  as balcony rooms start on 6.  Not really sure 

• Clarea changed the title to Oceanview Balcony Guarantee Cabin Question
1 hour ago, greek princess said:

I just recently booked a last minute trip on independence and took the same balcony guarantee room.  My pass says same deck 6 GTY  I thought maybe they held a few rooms on deck 6 specifically for the guarantee bookings or maybe it simply means at least deck 6,  as balcony rooms start on 6.  Not really sure 

15 minutes ago, debgreg said:

I booked a GTY on Voyager and it said the same, the next day it said spacious balcony cabin  with number on deck 6 

At the time you each booked your guarantee, was any mention made of deck 6?  Or did you only see the deck 6 notation after you booked?

8 minutes ago, debgreg said:

Only after I booked 

I'll be interested to see if the others get staterooms on deck 6 too.  If so, and there really was no indication of deck 6 before booking, it seems a bit deceptive to me.

There was no mention specifically of deck 6 when I booked.  It just said "let us choose your cabin".  And they made us agree that we understood the cabin could be anywhere on the ship.  I don't really care where we are - none of the cabins available to reserve for ourselves were anything special, so I figured I'd take a chance on the guarantee.  I am just wondering if the Deck 6 meant we're really going to be on Deck 6 or is just a placeholder until our cabin is assigned.  As I said before, there are balcony cabins on other decks still available.

We got a spacious balcony cabin which I’m actually happy with as I believe they are slightly larger ? We go March 4th and our cabin number and our friends who were allocated next to us were on our set sail pass a few days later 

Edited by debgreg

Interesting. I made a guarantee oceanview balcony booking late last year for a February 2020 cruise. At the time there was no notation of deck 6 that I could see. When I was allocated a cabin a few days later it was indeed on deck 6 ! Maybe they are herding all us bargain hunters together . We are on the ship, that is all that matters to us , cheers, Buzz.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/17/2019 at 5:53 PM, debgreg said:

We got a spacious balcony cabin which I’m actually happy with as I believe they are slightly larger ? We go March 4th and our cabin number and our friends who were allocated next to us were on our set sail pass a few days later 

We are on the same cruise.  Also booked a balcony guarantee.  We were also given a cabin on deck 6.  

This is our first RCL cruise. I'm not overly concerned about noise, but how is it being on the deck above the Promenade?  Looking at the deck plans it looks like our cabin is right above the Pig & Whistle Pub.  

Edited by mchames

Interesting!  I have an Oceanview Balcony Guarantee booked on the Symphony, with no stateroom assigned.  I booked it last year, so it has been a while since it was booked.  My online Set Sail Pass says Deck 10 but the stateroom # says GTY.  There are NO Oceanview staterooms available on our sailing, they have been sold out for maybe 2 weeks, and there are only 3-5 suites available (it changes every day).  I keep wondering if the Deck 10 is a randomly assigned deck, or if it is where we will end up.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2019 at 7:51 PM, Grenouille21 said:

Interesting!  I have an Oceanview Balcony Guarantee booked on the Symphony, with no stateroom assigned.  I booked it last year, so it has been a while since it was booked.  My online Set Sail Pass says Deck 10 but the stateroom # says GTY.  There are NO Oceanview staterooms available on our sailing, they have been sold out for maybe 2 weeks, and there are only 3-5 suites available (it changes every day).  I keep wondering if the Deck 10 is a randomly assigned deck, or if it is where we will end up.

Following up as we were assigned a stateroom today... on Deck 10.  I know it still may change right up to after we board the ship, but for now that "Deck 10" on the Set Sail Pass was accurate.  

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 8:46 PM, mchames said:

We are on the same cruise.  Also booked a balcony guarantee.  We were also given a cabin on deck 6.  

This is our first RCL cruise. I'm not overly concerned about noise, but how is it being on the deck above the Promenade?  Looking at the deck plans it looks like our cabin is right above the Pig & Whistle Pub.  

No worries, because you are not really over the pub.  The Promenade view rooms are.

Off Explorer last week, we had balcony gty which showed our stateroom category would been on deck 8.  Assigned spacious (upgrade) on deck 6!  Great cabin 6354, no complaints whatsoever apart from the most ordinary steward we have ever had.

Back in Jan we booked a balcony guarantee for a May cruise on Indy, invoice just said GTY and within 48 hours we were assigned a spacious balcony on deck 7. Last week we got a price drop on the cruise which meant we went back into the guarantee pool, booking showed GTY again, yesterday we were assigned a spacious balcony on deck 6.