EZair Discovery

rbslos18

On 1/17/2019 at 2:04 PM, AF-1 said:

OP what airports are you trying to fly in and out of?  The price should come down.  My price dropped three times from my initial booking 330 days ago

My November 2019 UAL SFO - Melbourne/ Aukland- SFO has dropped 3× this month! Not big drops but it's easy to get the same seat this far out 🙂

and I don't check daily 

3 hours ago, letscruiseagain&again said:

The $250 business class flight is domestic so it's not that great of a deal. I was just illustrating the quirk in EZair that was being discussed. I booked business class home because the difference when adding in any baggage fees really negates the cost difference between economy and business class. 

I didn't catch that.  Makes sense.

23 minutes ago, Ombud said:

My November 2019 UAL SFO - Melbourne/ Aukland- SFO has dropped 3× this month! Not big drops but it's easy to get the same seat this far out 🙂

and I don't check daily 

Mine just goes up 😞 

8 minutes ago, Coral said:

Mine just goes up 😞 

United NS from San Francisco to Australia/ New Zealand is starting in early November and I think they're still trying to figure out pricing as it's been changing so much .... I could get lower prices if I have 1 stop but I prefer NS

On 1/17/2019 at 5:40 PM, -Lew- said:

With some airlines paying and ticketing is not required for seat selection.  United, Delta, and American are three that come to mind.

Once you pay and are ticketed you're subject to the airlines' rules. Lower eZAir fares will not be available to you.

This may be true for restricted fares but flexible fares are not locked in until 45 days before departure. You do have to pay for the flights along with your final cruise payment but between then and 45 days before departure you can still make changes to flexible fares. Princess collects your money but doesn't actually pay the airline for (i.e. ticket) the flights until 45 days out or even a bit later if they're too busy.

We have never used eZAir before but are looking at it for a trip this summer but have some questions.

1) If we book using flexible can the cost go up?

2) Can Princess change our flights once we select them or are we "booked"?  I know airlines make schedule changes but wondering if Princess can change something?

3) Is transfer between the ship and airport included?

Thank you

34 minutes ago, worldtraveller said:

We have never used eZAir before but are looking at it for a trip this summer but have some questions.

1) If we book using flexible can the cost go up?

2) Can Princess change our flights once we select them or are we "booked"?  I know airlines make schedule changes but wondering if Princess can change something?

3) Is transfer between the ship and airport included?

Thank you

1. Although the fare may go up for new tickets, you're locked in the lower rate

2. If the AIRLINE changes timing the rate stays the same. Princess does not change flights

3. Transfers not included

The difference between economy & premium economy depends on airline .... it's their definition not CCLs

Edited by Ombud

5 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

This may be true for restricted fares but flexible fares are not locked in until 45 days before departure. You do have to pay for the flights along with your final cruise payment but between then and 45 days before departure you can still make changes to flexible fares. Princess collects your money but doesn't actually pay the airline for (i.e. ticket) the flights until 45 days out or even a bit later if they're too busy.

Regarding price reductions: Are refunds on lower flexible airfares only made before the 45 days out? So if the flexible airfare drops  2-44 days before the cruise, no refund is given.

Edited by rbslos18

34 minutes ago, rbslos18 said:

Regarding price reductions: Are refunds on lower flexible airfares only made before the 45 days out? So if the flexible airfare drops  2-44 days before the cruise, no refund is given.

Yes, that's correct.

6 hours ago, pompeii said:

Can someone tell me the difference between economy and premium economy?  Or does it vary depending on the airline?

The difference is legroom and that's about it. We flew it once and was just ok. We now book EZ Air First Class the difference in price doesn't bother us, better perks and comfort and is cheaper using EZ Air than the airlines websites.

On Delta & United it's when I book

On BA, American,  Air Canada it's when I pay

At least that's been my experience the last 2 years

Added: Air NZ won't let me pick a seat on the December 2019 return flight. So I just switch that 1 over to United.

Edited by Ombud

17 minutes ago, worldtraveller said:

When can you choose your seats?  When you book or when you pay Princess?  (This would be Flexible flights)

I go right away to the airlines website with my 6 digit code from EZ Air and they (Delta) allows me to choose our seats.  This has been as early as 9 months before the cruise.  They allow you to modify your flights if the air fare goes down (up to 45 days prior to sailing).  I never make final payment to Princess until absolutely required.  We leave on a cruise in two weeks from Fort Lauderdale to Buenos Aires.  Air fare using EZ Air was close to 2000 cheaper than booking direct with airline.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an FYI,

For most US airlines, first class is usually only available on domestic or short range international (Canada, Mexico, Caribbean) flights (with no business class available).  Business class is usually only available on long-haul international flights (with no first class available).

For US airlines, premium economy, comfort/economy plus, etc. can be available on most all flights depending on the airline and type of aircraft flying the route.  This usually is just a regular coach seat with more leg room and possible free cocktails & snacks and early boarding.

On 1/19/2019 at 4:11 PM, pompeii said:

Can someone tell me the difference between economy and premium economy?  Or does it vary depending on the airline?

I’m familiar with premium economy from WestJet airlines (Canada). You get extra legroom and where there’s six seats wide in economy, there’s 4 seats wide (two on each side) in premium economy. On the wide bodied jets, there are fewer seats wide with premium class. 

Also with premium, you get priority check in and boarding, no charge on baggage (2 bags), and extra beverage privileges onboard. 

Im a bigger guy so I fly premium economy on WestJet. They don’t have a first class/business class not counting that they just bought a new Dreamliner and I think they have first class on that. 

Glenn