Kids Club hours / show times

KyRoamer

We are cruising on the Brilliance of the Seas in April with two six year olds and their mother. We were wondering what are the hours of the Kids Club for that age group and whether  they serve lunch or dinner in the club.

We want to do a specialty restaurant with their mother one night and would like to leave the kids at the club. If dinner isn't available at the club, we'd feed them first.

Right now we have the anytime dining. We'd like to eat early and catch the early shows. What times are show time on the Brilliance? Also, how soon can we reserve times in the anytime dining rooms. Usually they get crowded before show time.

Kids club food: 

Lunch is only available on port days. 

Dinner on formal night and any ports you're in later than around 4.30/5pm is guarenteed. They may do other nights too. Although, most ships ask you sign up beforehand (earlier in the day) as spaces are limited and they pre order the food. 

12 minutes ago, bearette said:

Some of the ships, on sea days will offer a dinner in the Windjammer with the kids club (Adventure Ocean for the trolls), you just have to sign them up.  It is during the normally closed evening hours of 5-7pm.

My experience the Dinner is usually on Formal nites, earlier then "Kids Club" is open as you said though drop off is there. Then they take kids to Wind Jammer to eat...

Edited by ONECRUISER

6 hours ago, matj2000 said:

Its called "Adventure  Ocean",  not "Kids Club".

It is not a club or anything like a club..

Not that it matter's but over the last 30+ yrs sailing on board Royal ships I've heard multiple crew say "Our Kids Club is called Adventure Ocean" ....It's like I owned a "Jet Ski", but if I'd said, Sea-Doo "Personal Water Craft", some wouldn't know what the heck I owned. At least with AO or Kids Club everyone knows what referring to

• Thanks 1

I don't know about Brilliance specifically, but I have a lot of experience with Adventure Ocean. The group for 6-8 year olds is Explorers.

Sea day hours (complimentary) are typically 09:00-12:00 (morning session), 14:00-17:00 (afternoon session), and 19:00-22:00 (evening session). Late-night party zone available between 22:00-02:00 for an added cost.

"Adventure Dining" may be offered between 17:00-19:00 to bridge the afternoon and evening sessions. This is also complimentary, and the staff take the kids as a group to the Windjammer where they can have something simple like pizza or chicken nuggets for dinner. You must sign up for Adventure Dining by 17:00. Otherwise, the sessions are drop-off, pick-up any time, first come, first served based on available capacity.

Also complimentary -- the ability to drop off kids just outside the entrance of one of the MDRs (you can inquire about which deck number while onboard) about 10-20 minutes before the evening session starts (~18:40-18:50). Two Adventure Ocean crew members will wait for kids to be dropped off by parents and get signed in. They will then go to Adventure Ocean for the evening session. Convenient for parents/guardians to then return to the MDR to finish their dinner. You'll need to let the MDR waitstaff know you want to do this so they can prioritize the kids' meals.

Port day hours (complimentary): vary depending on the port arrival time. Sometimes they may have "early bird" hours prior to the normal start time of 09:00. Port day hours are all-day, typically until 17:00 or after whatever the all-aboard time is (kids will be taken to the Windjammer for lunch). On port days, there may or may not be Adventure Dining available for dinner and the evening session might start at 19:00 per usual, or later depending on the circumstances. Late-night party zone will still be available, for an added cost.

I hope that is helpful.

• Like 1