Stunt on Royal

dkjretired

Obviously not a very smart guy.  He could have been killed, broken both legs (and therefore unable to swim to shore), he could have had the wind knocked out of him (therefore, again, unable to swim to shore), he could have not cleared the ship and smashed into anything...Glad he's banned for life for that stupid stunt!

14 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

His stupidity is going to cost him $$$.

Yes, wasn’t even allowed back on the ship, I read another article that Royal didn’t press charges, maybe they figured getting back to US on his own was punishment enough.

stupid geese...trying to become 'internet famous'    there's a whole batch of Millennial  snowflake idiots who think posting this kind of stuff to youTube is the be all, end all.... looking for something to go viral.  I'm very worried for the future y'all, very worried. 

Settle down people.  The bit about banning him from all cruise lines is a bit much. 

He's very fortunate that he didn't die from such a height although I find the comment that RCI was going to "sue him" a little gratuitous since they suffered no damages under the contract of carriage.   

What I want to know, was alcohol involved?

2 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

How do you know they suffered no damages

Was the ship late departing as a direct result because of the incident?

Did he damage ship property?

Was their reputation damaged somehow because of this?

I looked through the guest code of conduct, dated november 12th 2018, and while they have the subject for climbing over the railing as a violation, I'm not sure on what grounds they could forcibly terminate the contract of carriage for the rest of the party. 

The mere fact that they are contemplating launching legal action against him when the local authorities declined to (although I don't think that was ever an option) opens the door for a counter suit.

5 minutes ago, effinaround said:

Was the ship late departing as a direct result because of the incident?

Did he damage ship property?

Was their reputation damaged somehow because of this?

I looked through the guest code of conduct, dated november 12th 2018, and while they have the subject for climbing over the railing as a violation, I'm not sure on what grounds they could forcibly terminate the contract of carriage for the rest of the party. 

The mere fact that they are contemplating launching legal action against him when the local authorities declined to (although I don't think that was ever an option) opens the door for a counter suit.

I don’t know if they did but they may have done the man overboard drill, at the very least ship personnel were involved in some way, that’s cause for action. I think your interpretation is very naive, I haven’t read the contract recently  but I do know there’s a cover all in the contract that will handle just about anything.

Yes but they would have to prove actual damages. Ships' personnel involved in a man overboard situation are not likely to be accepted in court especially if it is staff already on the clock.  They were in port and likely could see him swimming to shore.

I did read the contract and the other members of the cabin who did no wrong would certainly have a claim if they were forcibly disembarked without credit. 

If I were RCI, I would want this to go away quietly.  I think they made their point by leaving him behind. 

Serious Question - the British lady who went overboard last summer in the med and was rescued by a local navy (croatia perhaps), was she banned for life from the cruise line?

1 hour ago, effinaround said:

Settle down people.  The bit about banning him from all cruise lines is a bit much. 

He's very fortunate that he didn't die from such a height although I find the comment that RCI was going to "sue him" a little gratuitous since they suffered no damages under the contract of carriage.   

What I want to know, was alcohol involved?

In the news article I read he was quoted as saying that he was still drunk from the night before. I think it was dailymail.co.uk. 

All these clowns jumping or “falling” off cruise ships does hurt the cruise lines!  Too many would-be cruisers are scared to death about falling off a cruise ship because of these drunken fools.  We’ve tried for years to get my son and his wife and kids to cruise with us, but nope!  

Passengers do not randomly fall off of a ship. 

When-someone does fall it is the result of poor judgement, alcohol consumption or psychiatric/emotional issues or a combination of these factors.

The young fellows who participated in this act showed a lack of good judgement and no concern for the consequences of this action.

The fellow who did the actual stuntof jumping off the boat chose to do that. He did not accidentally fall off the ship.

When I hear of the cases where a passenger jumped from the ship as to end their life, I feel compassion for that person. The feeling of despair in a depressive state imust be so overwhelming for an individual to choose that final act. I feel sympathy for that poor soul and loved ones left behind to deal with such a loss.

When someone,like this fellow,decides to act so foolishly with such a stunt that could have caused him grave injury, I have no patience for that person.

RCCL was correct in banning him from future cruises and I hope that includes all of the cruise lines under the RCCL umbrella.

IMHO, You Tube should take the video of the stunt off of the site and should not allow this individual to post any further videos.

This young fellow should not receive any additional publicity as his actions do not deserve further attention. Again,that is MHO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, dkjretired said:

Here's the video from yesterday's stunt on the Symphony of the Seas where this idiot jumped off the ship while it was docked in Nassau.  He and his companions have been banned from Royal Caribbean and I would guess Celebrity.

https://video.foxnews.com/v/5990519463001/#sp=show-clips

I was told onboard Celebrity that once you are banned from one you are banned from all three. Royal, Celebrity, and Azamara.