Iona Construction ?

jaydee6969

48 minutes ago, Spike11 said:

That interesting, I wasn’t aware Carnivals own fleet used azipods. I’ve been a fan of them since travelling on Celebrity Eclipse some years ago, as they seem to result in much less vibration when travelling at speed (though this doesn’t seem to happen on Arcadia!). I wonder why azipods weren’t used for the Royal Class ships?

I assume it's because the Royal class is a revised version of the Grand Princess, which is a conventional propeller driven class.

Just now, terrierjohn said:

It looks as though Amazon are packaging it up to post it to P&O!:classic_rolleyes:

If you are correct in your interpretation of what is going on, I hope they write the delivery address in big so it doesn’t get delivered elsewhere.😇

Presumably as it is over £20, they have opted for free delivery. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Following an invitation from a major TA, I attended a presentation given by 2 P&O representatives from Southampton on Saturday in Manchester. The major push was with regard to the overnight stays being offered and of course Iona. The next new ship to join the fleet in 2022 was mentioned and although all indications are that she will be similar in terms of size as Iona, the layout will be different to give more variety as it was suggested P&O don't want too many ships the same.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

I’m much more excited bout Iona than I am ventura even though I haven’t sailed on either. 

And yet you are worrying about prom deck balcony cabins on Iona, my recommendation is not to be concerned, both cruises will be just great.

9 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

And yet you are worrying about prom deck balcony cabins on Iona, my recommendation is not to be concerned, both cruises will be just great.

unfortunately I am a chronic worried and I dither a lot. Get it from my gran or so she says. I worry about anything and everything and usually it turns out to be nothing and even though I usually know not to worry I still do. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

unfortunately I am a chronic worried and I dither a lot. Get it from my gran or so she says. I worry about anything and everything and usually it turns out to be nothing and even though I usually know not to worry I still do. 

The main thing is not to worry about things during the night, I read somewhere that this only leads to us blowing things up out all proportion, I know if I do this that when I wake up I wonder why I was worried about something so trivial.

• Like 1

Little update from Meyer Werft. Odyssey of the seas section will be moved out to the harbour this week. When this happened with Iona, they moved Norwegian encore towards the doors in the dry dock. Hopefully they will do the same with Iona soon, and we should get some video of the whole ship floating for the first time.

Also if you look in the bottom left corner of the photo you can see the Whirlpool on the promenade deck of Iona.

72853435_2416963875233363_7419981390285897728_o.jpg

11 minutes ago, emam said:

If that was Odyssey on the previous picture, it looks like she has gone.

I think it may just have been where he was stood to take the picture, and the dry dock is empty of water in the photo.  May have been deliberately taken to keep Odyssey out of frame.  It also looks like a bit of 'fish eye' with the shot, as it all looks quite long and stretched.

4 minutes ago, Monorail Orange said:

That lower deck prom area looks huge! Is that "general admission" or will it be a charge like Britannia's Retreat?

It has a Retreat up on deck 18.  As far as I am aware, the promenade is a full walk around deck for use by all.  There will also be tables set up for eating food from the Quays out on deck.  If Aidanova is anything to go by, it will be fairly wide all round the ship.