Iona Construction ?

jaydee6969

2 hours ago, Britboys said:

Yes, I've heard of at least one other very senior staff member who chose not to take a position on Iona. It's quite interesting that (unless I have missed it), they still haven't announced who will be Cruise Director - sorry, Entertainment Manager. 

Must be Gary Barlow then...😱

• Haha 1

Off track slightly (sorry!) I think its strange that Azura gets mentioned quite a lot for being one of the first ships to cruise as she was due a refit last April. She must badly need it now, not a good PR start if people get off complaining she’s “tatty”!

• Like 1

Correct re Captain. I believe that Tracey Clegg was due to be Entertainments Manager.

Crew are picked on experience and merit from across the fleet. Different parts of the fleet share from a common pool including Princess and Cunard.

Britannia is considered to be a very happy family right from the very top down. A number of crew were offered the chance to move across from Britannia to be the inaugural crew on Iona. I understand a lot felt that repeated 7 day cruises up the Fjords were less than inspiring. Also you then loose your Caribbean rotation on Britannia.

27 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Is Leon de ste Croix still around? I haven’t seen his name on the schedules for a while.

Such a common name,the phone book must be full of them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Is Leon de ste Croix still around? I haven’t seen his name on the schedules for a while.

Last saw Leon on Oceana in January.  He was still doing his astronomy talks, which I had been to be before and found very interesting.  I was even more pleasantly surprised surprised that he hosted our table at the Peninsula lunch!  Leon gave some quite interesiting insights to the life of a cruise director.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Thanks Britboys.  If late November happens, will be the first time we've sailed with him.

Wes Dunlop is by far our favourite Captain. 

A really decent guy, professional but funny and very visual. 

Andy 

44 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Last saw Leon on Oceana in January.  He was still doing his astronomy talks, which I had been to be before and found very interesting.  I was even more pleasantly surprised surprised that he hosted our table at the Peninsula lunch!  Leon gave some quite interesiting insights to the life of a cruise director.

Oh, good, I’m glad he’s still around. We did 2 legs of the 2017 world cruise on Aurora, and Leon joined us in New Zealand.  He really did seem to make a difference to the entertainment in general  

13 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

More cancellations probably then. Hope it's nothing to do more P&O ships leaving😭

Avril 

Neither. Note the thread this is on. This is good news. It was due to be announced with some restart news but that second element appears to have been postponed for the time being. The Norwegian ship/Spanish quarantine have not helped.

• Like 3