Iona Construction ?

jaydee6969

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

So, to be clear, you are saying that Boots will give me a CV19 test, and a certificate, with a 72hr turnaround time, for £11.99 ? 

They are certainly keeping it quiet, as I can find no mention of it.

No required yet, but as many say they're never sailing P&O again, they won't need one.

Just now, wowzz said:

So, you are saying that you can't get a test and certificate at Boots.

And you are scare mongering by telling somebody that they will need to get 5 tests at £170 each. Did you invent that?. I couldn't find it so gave up looking

• Like 1

Just now, zap99 said:

And you are scare mongering by telling somebody that they will need to get 5 tests at £170 each. Did you invent that?. I couldn't find it so gave up looking

Numerous quotes on BBC about cost of private tests, plus Business Traveller forum, FB  etc

More information here. The interesting thing to note is that the costs discussed are all "from". Trying to get the test at a base price is difficult.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/uk-news/how-private-covid-19-test-19000105

Lots more prices available online if you can be bothered to look

At least I don't just post totally fictitious posts, that have no basis in fact. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Numerous quotes on BBC about cost of private tests, plus Business Traveller forum, FB  etc

More information here. The interesting thing to note is that the costs discussed are all "from". Trying to get the test at a base price is difficult.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/uk-news/how-private-covid-19-test-19000105

Lots more prices available online if you can be bothered to look

At least I don't just post totally fictitious posts, that have no basis in fact. 

Be happy Wowzz. The World won't come to an end🤣

• Like 1

P&O doubling down on the poor PR.

"The transfer policy can change at any time." (Official Facebook page, reply to comment).

So they are actually saying that it's either their choice of a cruise, or you lose your deposit when they determine. 

If they are saying this publicly then at some point the transfer policy is going to change.  Anyone who can get a cash refund should. 

53 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

"The transfer policy can change at any time." (Official Facebook page, reply to comment).

So they are actually saying that it's either their choice of a cruise, or you lose your deposit when they determine. 

If they are saying this publicly then at some point the transfer policy is going to change.  Anyone who can get a cash refund should. 

Yes, I thought the comment about the transfer policy could change at any time sounded slightly ominous.

Let’s hope they they don’t make the change when the Summer 2022 cruises are released......

56 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

One of my concerns is when they remove the free transfer of deposit to another cruise.  At least at the moment you can dump your current booking for a probably eyewatering alternative. But at some point surely PandO will revert to pre COVID T & Cs, with the probability that some people are going to be lumbered with a deposit on a cruise they merely chose so as not to lose their deposit. They will have to either fulfil the transfer conditions (previously more expensive fare for same or more nights) & pay £100 , or lose their deposit.

I really can't see PandO retaining the free transfer policy beyond the resumption of operations.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Yes, I thought the comment about the transfer policy could change at any time sounded slightly ominous.

Let’s hope they they don’t make the change when the Summer 2022 cruises are released......

Unfortunately, I think you may be right.  It has a PandO sort of logic to it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Unfortunately, I think you may be right.  It has a PandO sort of logic to it.

The P&O logic will be that compared to the inflated 2021 prices, 2022 cruises will be, in their view, developed to represent better value, even though they will likely be more expensive than 2020 prices.

As such, they want to ensure that new money is coming in from 2022, not funds which are moved from 2021, where the 25% "bonus" has already been redeemed.  Makes commercial sense, unless enough passengers see through it and walk away as a result.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Strangely, this whole thing will make some passengers hope that the resumption of operations is again deferred, so that they can receive a refund of their deposits, instead of a difficult choice as to whether or not to pay.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Except Haugesund is not in a Fjord, a coastal town and not very interesting 😟

Thanks for the info Dave. I haven't really looked at Iona's itineraries in any depth as she is not on my cruise ship wishlist...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, davecttr said:

We’re not booking excursions just yet but there is a lighthouse trip from Haugesund that we might do. I’d rather be going to Bergen, although it looks like we get more hours in port at Haugesund.

15 hours ago, Monorail Orange said:

I guess she's anchoring in Norway so she can fuel up when needed?

Just been reading up on LNG bunkering in Europe, and Norway has by far the largest number of LNG facilities at ports, almost more than the rest of Europe together.

On 10/13/2020 at 12:39 PM, Britboys said:

Thanks for posting. As much as she is not a ship for my tastes, the construction process is absolutely incredible. I suppose the confidentiality agreement signed with Carnival/P&O restricts them to minimal internal shots of no more than 1.5 seconds length...😉😄

My thoughts exactly, truly amazing. 

5 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Just been reading up on LNG bunkering in Europe, and Norway has by far the largest number of LNG facilities at ports, almost more than the rest of Europe together.

That makes sense to keep her up there then.

I suppose its a false economy to anchor her here only to have to keep popping over to Norway to fuel up.

23 hours ago, davecttr said:

I quite enjoyed Haugesund.  I still have my certificate from Britannia's maiden call.  Having said that, it's noy way up on my list of 'must revisits'!!

1 hour ago, besberry said:

I quite enjoyed Haugesund.  I still have my certificate from Britannia's maiden call.  Having said that, it's noy way up on my list of 'must revisits'!!

I have been there twice and have little reason to go again especially as you will now have to pay to get off the ship!. I have an Ions cruise booked for next May but don't want to see the long Fjord sail in outs to Geiranger and Olden dropped for 'reasons' AFTER I have paid the final balance.

2 hours ago, davecttr said:

I have been there twice and have little reason to go again especially as you will now have to pay to get off the ship!. I have an Ions cruise booked for next May but don't want to see the long Fjord sail in outs to Geiranger and Olden dropped for 'reasons' AFTER I have paid the final balance.

I agree, we chose a Norwegian cruise because of the stops at Geiranger and Olden and wouldn’t only want to see the coastal towns.