Iona Construction ?

jaydee6969

5 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Is that the aft section,or is that to be added after,cheers,Brian.

I think that the two sections in the dock are probably 4/5 of the ships length.  The aft hull, cabin and leisure areas are yet to be added.

1 hour ago, jaydee6969 said:

I think that the two sections in the dock are probably 4/5 of the ships length.  The aft hull, cabin and leisure areas are yet to be added.

That's a big beast.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jaydee6969 said:

Thank you Jaydee for all the updates. My husband and I are finding it fascinating to follow the progress.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Thank you Jaydee for all the updates. My husband and I are finding it fascinating to follow the progress.

Your welcome, probably going to become a bit like spot the difference once all the superstructure is completed and they move inside.

Just now, jaydee6969 said:

337m/1106ft long.  We will certainly get some walking done on board, especially with the full promenade deck.

That's good,wonder how many laps to the mile the usual sign will say.

On 8/20/2019 at 4:26 PM, brian1 said:

At least it seems the Promenade Deck is all on one level - unlike on Iona's 'cousin' Aida Nova where there are staircase at the aft end.

• Like 2

Thanks again for the picture. Looks mighty impressive in a big sort of way. They even seem to have attached the cabin we have booked (at long last). I would love to see some interior views so we can watch it develop. Maybe they will begin to do that now it seems to be all stuck together. 

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 4:26 PM, brian1 said:

I think I read somewhere its half a mile one lap, which sounds about right as 337 metres is just over 0.2 of a mile

32 minutes ago, emam said:

Excuse my ignorance. The top photo on #161, is that the inside of the ship. Also on the top photo of #165, what is that.

Yes 161 and top 165 both show the 2 sections coming together, the bottom photo on 165 shows the gap almost closed.  I assume all that's left now is for the aft section to be put in place once the dock is emptied. It is now looking like a cruise ship, but as said earlier it would be great to see some photos or videos of the inside work being done.

I did think they were both the inside, but on the second one the floors didn't look like they would fit together. 

Yes it would be good to see some inside photos as they progress. Even though there aren't many replies, from the amount of views people are obviously enjoying looking at the updates.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, emam said:

I did think they were both the inside, but on the second one the floors didn't look like they would fit together. 

Yes it would be good to see some inside photos as they progress. Even though there aren't many replies, from the amount of views people are obviously enjoying looking at the updates.

I’m loving seeing this ship come together 😀 I watched the Spectrum of the Seas being built on the Royal Caribbean board right from the start so am loving this one too! I find it fascinating! Can’t wait to see her being floated out next year! Thanks for the pics everyone!