Cruise Critic Community
RCLcruiser2012

Kicking myself price wise--Alaska

RCCL was having an excellent NYE sale and I thought the fine print read until the end of January.  However, the cruise has gone up $1,000 +.  Alaska is not exactly cheap especially with a party of 3.  Hopefully in the near future there will be a good deal.  I know it will still be expensive but hoping for a better deal!   We are going to stay in OV.  

If you book the cruise and the price goes down before final payment date, you can normally get that price drop from Royal.

19 minutes ago, RCLcruiser2012 said:

RCCL was having an excellent NYE sale and I thought the fine print read until the end of January.  However, the cruise has gone up $1,000 +.  Alaska is not exactly cheap especially with a party of 3.  Hopefully in the near future there will be a good deal.  I know it will still be expensive but hoping for a better deal!   We are going to stay in OV.  

What ship and sailing?

@Host Clarea--- I've thought about that but what if it doesn't go down; although, it could technically and probably will go up! :classic_ohmy:

1 minute ago, RCLcruiser2012 said:

@Host Clarea--- I've thought about that but what if it doesn't go down; although, it could technically and probably will go up! :classic_ohmy:

If you book with a refundable deposit, then you can cancel before final payment and get a full refund.

FWIW I booked Radiance Alaska for June 2019 back in August - got an incredible Black Friday sale and our OV room for the 4 of us dropped by around $1500.  So there's still lots of time for you to catch another sale.  Good luck

Check the pricing for Radiance May 17th prices don't look that bad and May is our favorite time to do a northbound Alaska. You can also wait until the bookings open (March 2019) for 2020...usually good deals when they first come out.

Edited by Ashland

10 hours ago, Ashland said:

Check the pricing for Radiance May 17th prices don't look that bad and May is our favorite time to do a northbound Alaska. You can also wait until the bookings open (March 2019) for 2020...usually good deals when they first come out.

May is such a good deal but we have a school aged child and he'd be out for over a week so that doesn't work unfortunately!!