Booking a transatlantic onboard another transatlantic

LucasLounger1

Good morning folks,

I was planning on booking my next transatlantic when onboard my transatlantic at end of March. I was waiting til then for two reasons - reduced deposit, and that I've heard that you can sometimes get the gratuities included in these circumstances.

Now with Celebrity offering $25 deposits, I wonder if I should just book now. They are also giving $100 credit on that cruise.

Has anyone recently gotten the gratuities included when booking a Transat while onboard a Transat?  Its a 16-nighter, so that is $594CAD.

AND, if I do book now, and they offer gratuities included when I get onboard, could I just cancel my booking and eat the $50 deposit and still save $554CAD on the grats?  Would I be able to get the same cabin (I'm eyeing a nice large balcony on the edge of a hump).

If it matters, I'll be on Royal's Jewel of the Seas booking Celebrity Silhouette for November 20, 2020.

Thank you in advance for any information you have.

1 hour ago, LucasLounger1 said:

Good morning folks,

I was planning on booking my next transatlantic when onboard my transatlantic at end of March. I was waiting til then for two reasons - reduced deposit, and that I've heard that you can sometimes get the gratuities included in these circumstances.

Now with Celebrity offering $25 deposits, I wonder if I should just book now. They are also giving $100 credit on that cruise.

Has anyone recently gotten the gratuities included when booking a Transat while onboard a Transat?  Its a 16-nighter, so that is $594CAD.

AND, if I do book now, and they offer gratuities included when I get onboard, could I just cancel my booking and eat the $50 deposit and still save $554CAD on the grats?  Would I be able to get the same cabin (I'm eyeing a nice large balcony on the edge of a hump).

If it matters, I'll be on Royal's Jewel of the Seas booking Celebrity Silhouette for November 20, 2020.

Thank you in advance for any information you have.

Why not cover all your bases if you know the cruise you want book it now with the $25. Deposit per person & you will get the $100. MLK OBC & get the cabin you want now, then if you are on-board & they are giving free Gratuities book again & waitlist your cabin then cancel the first one when you get home.  There is now way of knowing if they are ever going to offer the Free Gratuities again,

Edited by If only

54 minutes ago, If only said:

Why not cover all your bases if you know the cruise you want book it now with the $25. Deposit per person & you will get the $100. MLK OBC & get the cabin you want now, then if you are on-board & they are giving free Gratuities book again & waitlist your cabin then cancel the first one when you get home.  There is now way of knowing if they are ever going to offer the Free Gratuities again,

We have not been able to use the $25 deposit for TA bookings in the past. I don’t think that has  changed. 

13 minutes ago, lienf said:

We have not been able to use the $25 deposit for TA bookings in the past. I don’t think that has  changed. 

It showing $25 deposits as I do dummy bookings. And when I do them on a desktop computer it adds $100 onboard credit, but when I do them on my phone it doesn't. 

Maybe I should book quickly before they change something...

14 minutes ago, LucasLounger1 said:

It showing $25 deposits as I do dummy bookings. And when I do them on a desktop computer it adds $100 onboard credit, but when I do them on my phone it doesn't. 

Maybe I should book quickly before they change something...

If you can do it with the $25 deposit do it. When you book on-board you may also be able to get prepaid gratuities. 

1 minute ago, gfkcruiser said:

I have booked TA onboard and received $100 OBC.  Unfortunately no other perks.

On our November TA they did offer grats but only for cruises this year. I stand corrected on my previous post about TA’s and the $25 deposit. It’s a great deal. By the way, anyone who can do a TA in April have a look at the Silhouette April 14th sailing. A lot of cabins available and pricing is way down now after final payment. 

Neil

1 minute ago, lienf said:

On our November TA they did offer grats but only for cruises this year. I stand corrected on my previous post about TA’s and the $25 deposit. It’s a great deal. By the way, anyone who can do a TA in April have a look at the Silhouette April 14th sailing. A lot of cabins available and pricing is way down now after final payment. 

Neil

I suspect the reason the Silhouette is so cheap is that is is not listed in the TA category.  Only could find it if looking for the ship or happened upon it when looking at Europe sailings.  I asked about that a few days ago via chat.  Still not listed under TA sailings.

We did this TA in 2017.  On the Reflection TA in 2019, a repeat of this TA in 2018.

11 minutes ago, gfkcruiser said:

I suspect the reason the Silhouette is so cheap is that is is not listed in the TA category.  Only could find it if looking for the ship or happened upon it when looking at Europe sailings.  I asked about that a few days ago via chat.  Still not listed under TA sailings.

We did this TA in 2017.  On the Reflection TA in 2019, a repeat of this TA in 2018.

I wonder if Celebrity are trying to push the Edge TA which is also going to Southampton by making it difficult to find the Silhouette sailing. No, they wouldn’t do that! Very strange. I know their website has problems, but why would a cruise be so hard to find?

I booked one recently and was given two OBC's   one for $50 and another for $400.   No other perks were offered.   We actually got an additional $300 OBC for our current cruise and a dinner for 2 in any Specialty Restaurant.    

We were in the midst of booking 4 suite cruises on the first day the current deployment came out.   The Future Cruise Manager was waiting on us and had initially screwed up and told us we get all 4 perks with the TA - -   She later realized her screwup and felt so bad she applied the additional discounts.   

1 hour ago, lienf said:

I wonder if Celebrity are trying to push the Edge TA which is also going to Southampton by making it difficult to find the Silhouette sailing. No, they wouldn’t do that! Very strange. I know their website has problems, but why would a cruise be so hard to find?

Not sure of the year you are looking at but the Silhouette will be sailing from Rio to Lisbon on April 7, 2021.     It was suppose to have been released in November but was never released.  The now say it will not be released until Nov 2019. 

We were booking a B2B with this sailing but was only able to get the first half on this deployment.

32 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Not sure of the year you are looking at but the Silhouette will be sailing from Rio to Lisbon on April 7, 2021.     It was suppose to have been released in November but was never released.  The now say it will not be released until Nov 2019. 

We were booking a B2B with this sailing but was only able to get the first half on this deployment.

This April’s TA. 

4 hours ago, lienf said:

This April’s TA. 

We were interested in that TA several months ago and couldn't find it on the Celebrity site although it showed up on various agents' sites.  The only way I eventually found it on the Celebrity site was by searching on Silhouette with the date.  It turned out that we will be moving house at that time, so we didn't book the cruise.