Cruise Critic Community
debsconner

Seasickness on the Royal Clipper

I am thinking of taking a cruise in the Med in sept next year on the Royal Clipper . I am worried about being seasick as my partner has a phobia about people being sick .Has anyone has experience on the Royal Clipper at this time of year ?

Is it possible that the sea state may be bad at times in the Mediterranean in September? Yes, of course it’s possible but not usual.

Would it make me feel sick if so? Possibly, if you are sensitive to motion sickness.

But…in 13 cruises on the Star Clippers ships all around the world, I can only recall two evenings when the dining room was a little light in numbers because some people weren’t feeling like eating due to the motion of the sea. And, of course, there are very effective anti-sickness prophylactics available from your pharmacist to stop you feeling sick in the first place.  

On the rare occasions when I have felt a little queasy, I find that getting reasonably horizontal sorts the problem out, be it on the bed in my cabin or on a sun bed on deck.