Can You Rent Formal Wear on the Ship?

MariahQ

I was advised to ask my question here. We'll be taking a 15-day Mediterranean cruise on MSC Sinfonia from January 26th to February 8th as part of a four-month around-the-world trip. We've taken short cruises in China, Egypt, etc., as part of a tour, but never done a straight up cruise cruise. My question is this. With airlines limiting baggage weights so severely, and with our needing so many different types of clothes for such a long time, we hate to pack tuxedos and gowns for just four formal nights. Do the cruise ships rent formal wear for those formal nights? It sure would be nice to save the luggage space and weight by not having to pack such specialized clothing. Anyone know?

I do not know for sure, but I did not see any offers on board, or pre-cruise, to rent formal wear for the Seaside. However, this was for a Caribbean cruise which is likely less formal than cruises for Europe. I do not remember seeing many people in formal clothes, but we were in the YC which may be less formal than the main dining rooms. IMO, just leave the formal clothes at home, not worth the trouble anymore.