Crown Princess Review, 10nt S. Carib

imapost2003

Great review and pictures!  Thanks much.  We are on Crown March 7 so I'm getting excited!

Could you share your experiences with dinner times please?  Did you do traditional or anytime?    Any impression on which traditional time (early vs late) was busier?

Thanks again!

On 1/22/2019 at 3:42 AM, imapost2003 said:

Next was Curacao.  Only in port from 7am-2pm I knew my options were limited.  After researching taxi rates and deciding I would need to take out a second mortgage my house to pay for a roundtrip to the beach, I rented a car.  I found a small rental car company that deals with all cash.  We paid $75 for the day with gps and insurance.  I figured that to be ½ the cost of a taxi. 

What was the name of the company you rented the car from?  Thanks!

10 hours ago, cruisintoddler said:

Great review and pictures!  Thanks much.  We are on Crown March 7 so I'm getting excited!

Could you share your experiences with dinner times please?  Did you do traditional or anytime?    Any impression on which traditional time (early vs late) was busier?

Thanks again!

We did traditional at 7:15pm.  It appeared the 5pm seating was busier, even though the 7:15 still appeared to be a pretty full venue almost every evening.

I guess it nice for you that you got your mini suite and elite status on your first cruise with Princess while we have spent thousands and thousands of dollars working toward 151 days to get our elite status.   Sucks for us!
Jelly

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, suzyed said:

I guess it nice for you that you got your mini suite and elite status on your first cruise with Princess while we have spent thousands and thousands of dollars working toward 151 days to get our elite status.   Sucks for us!
Jelly

thanks for appreciating my hard work

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

We were on the same cruise.  It's interesting that you were notified the day before about the Grenada catamaran cancellation.  We (and many others) were told at 3 p.m. the day of the excursion, that the trip was cancelled.   Wish we had learned the day before so we could have made alternate arrangements!

7 hours ago, yvr49 said:

We were on the same cruise.  It's interesting that you were notified the day before about the Grenada catamaran cancellation.  We (and many others) were told at 3 p.m. the day of the excursion, that the trip was cancelled.   Wish we had learned the day before so we could have made alternate arrangements!

There was a letter delivered to our cabin.  It was slid under the door sometime between 7 and 2 while we were in Curacao.  I did make an attempt to find other activities, but even with a days notice there wasnt much available that fit my fancy.  I did end up booking another catamaran for St Thomas, which again was cancelled due to not meeting the minimum number of guests.  I was notified of the cancellation in the same fashion as before, note under the door the day before excursion.

On 1/20/2019 at 11:04 AM, imapost2003 said:

After 2 relaxing sea days of sunning and swimming we were getting close to Aruba.  We noticed that the 2 middle pools on the crown are a little too deep for my wife.  They are both over 5ft and she likes to touch the bottom.  The terrace pool was a little shallower during our voyage.  It appeared to be a couple inches lower than normal.  Stairs were also available in the terrace pool, as ladders are the only option in the 2 mid pools.

You should have tried out the Lotus spa pool. Many think it's part of the Sanctuary, so it's rarely crowded.

I'm 5'4" and can just touch the bottom in the middle of the pool (on my tippy toes). There are stairs to get in & out. Plus 2 hot tubs. Stadium seating style benches to catch the sun and really nice padded loungers.

It's our "go to" pool.

36 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

You should have tried out the Lotus spa pool. Many think it's part of the Sanctuary, so it's rarely crowded.

I'm 5'4" and can just touch the bottom in the middle of the pool (on my tippy toes). There are stairs to get in & out. Plus 2 hot tubs. Stadium seating style benches to catch the sun and really nice padded loungers.

It's our "go to" pool.

I did notice the lotus spa pool.  We did appreciate the stairs and hot tubs.  We found the couple times we visited, it was either too windy or too shady for our liking.  Terrace pool fit the bill each time, other then watching movies.  It appeared to be at a lower water level the duration of the cruise.  This did allow alot of vertically challenged people use of the pool including my wife.

Thanks for doing such a great review! I have a question regarding the wine you brought on board. I know that I can pay $15 per bottle and take the case to my cabin, but how did you carry it on board while you waited to get to your cabin? Did you have soemthing like a collapsible rolling cart?  Many thanks-last time I was on princess I stopped and got a case of wine and slapped luggage tag on it and handed it over to the porters-so you know how long that has been!!

8 minutes ago, Bustersmom said:

Thanks for doing such a great review! I have a question regarding the wine you brought on board. I know that I can pay $15 per bottle and take the case to my cabin, but how did you carry it on board while you waited to get to your cabin? Did you have soemthing like a collapsible rolling cart?  Many thanks-last time I was on princess I stopped and got a case of wine and slapped luggage tag on it and handed it over to the porters-so you know how long that has been!!

I physically carried the box directly to my cabin after boarding.  I did see others with rolling wine suitcases.  I believe you can give your wine to the porters but theres the possibility of having to claim it downstairs.  I didn't mind carrying it once I got past security.