UBP and Grey Goose

Just off the Bliss. Effective January 12 NCL has revised liquor pricing. A whole bunch of things now have an up-charge including Grey Goose ($19.95) and my favourite Grand Mariner ($17.95). I am not a happy camper. Staying in the Haven in a few weeks and I can’t believe I will have to pay extra for these drinks. I spoke to the food and beverage manager and he told me they are coming out with another package that will cover the premium brands for another $28 a day. Can you believe that.

well if this is the case, it looks like a lot of our favorite drinks will have an additional charge with the perk UBP. I had better prepare our foster daughter and her partner who are traveling with us as they drink J Daniels. Hobby drinks a scotch that will also be affected I am guessing, but he is easy to please and will gladly drink a cheaper brand. 

I have to say this really sucks. I do think our TA has said a lot of the lines are doing similar crap but I don't care. We are not on another line, we are on NCL. 

I am not okay with this. Starting to get a little greedy considering regular grey goose is only a few dollars per bottle to buy. Last time I had the free perk on Celebrity it was only 10.00/day to upgrade to the premium to get it. Their regular classic bev.  package was only  $60 versus $99/day and the 20% gratuity was included. May consider Celebrity again.

• Like 1

Is a person only paying the 20% of $28 to upgrade? If so, I have no issue with this. There is quite the difference between Celebrity and NCL in how alcohol is packaged into the rate of the cruise. 

That being said, my next 2 cruises are split between Celebrity and NCL, and a third in consideration with MSC again. 

Edited by willsears94

21 minutes ago, willsears94 said:

Is a person only paying the 20% of $28 to upgrade?

20%+28 = $33.60/day to buy a drink over the 15$ limit. They will also put a limit on how much more then $15? So you would still need to pay for higher end wines ect.  I always upgraded on Celebrity, not a chance on NCL if that is what they do. 

Edited by greatwhitenorth1

1 hour ago, willsears94 said:

I am actually okay with this since Celebrity and MSC have something similar to this. 

Hoping the Premium Package offers even better-upgraded wines and spirits (and specialty coffees/bottled waters). 

Great, we already have people that are ok with this. This is exactly what NCL wants to hear ...... SMH ......... I upgraded my classic package for the Celebrity Silhouette next year to premium for around $8.50 a day pp a few weeks back. You're ok with paying possibly over $30? Are you crazy?

Edited by tallnthensome

11 hours ago, gmbhardy said:

Just off the Bliss. Effective January 12 NCL has revised liquor pricing. A whole bunch of things now have an up-charge including Grey Goose ($19.95) and my favourite Grand Mariner ($17.95). I am not a happy camper. Staying in the Haven in a few weeks and I can’t believe I will have to pay extra for these drinks. I spoke to the food and beverage manager and he told me they are coming out with another package that will cover the premium brands for another $28 a day. Can you believe that.

Boooo!  NCL already has the worst UBP at sea and they just made it worse!

• Like 1