Children's menu

GottaLuvCruising

16 minutes ago, GottaLuvCruising said:

Does Princess have a children's menu for dinner in the MDR?  I'd appreciate any info.  We booked Regal Princess with our 9 and 6 year old granddaughters for spring break.  

Yes they do! Hamburg, hotdog, spaghetti and such. I have been known to get a volcano from the kids menu! Maybe someone can post a menu for you.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, GottaLuvCruising said:

Does Princess have a children's menu for dinner in the MDR?  I'd appreciate any info.  We booked Regal Princess with our 9 and 6 year old granddaughters for spring break.  

Sure do, I don’t have a copy though, but recall, fish sticks, ho5 dog, Mac and cheese etc...

Jelly and ice cream, and volcano cake in desert menu.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, GottaLuvCruising said:

Make sure they try a Volcano on the kids menu it’s sooooo good!!! I have one on every cruise. 😋

Tony

08F6029D-1F5C-417A-9CA1-D39C496D998F.jpeg

• Like 2

Terrific children’s menu, but also let them sample items off the adult menu as it may give them the chance to try some fun new things.   Also it’s only fair as you note with the previous posters that lots of adults order off the kids menu.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, GottaLuvCruising said:

Thank you so much!  This will do nicely.  We hope our 9 year old will try some healthier options from the adult menu but the 6 year old is picky and has allergies.  I'll be happy if she eats ANYTHING.  

They can mix and match between menus. Also realize you can ask the waiter for something not on the menu such as Mac and Cheese. Sometimes you have to ask the night before and other times you an ask that night. I traveled with someone whose daughter wanted butter and noodles every night. They could easily accommodate that. Even the kids menu is somewhat healthy. For example - the chicken strips are made with cut chicken breast strips (not processed chicken), the spaghetti and meatballs could easily be served for adults - my Italian mom would order this as an appetizer often. I ordered the alphabet soup (chicken broth with noodles) one night when I didn't feel well. 

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/20/2019 at 4:56 AM, Coral said:

They can mix and match between menus. Also realize you can ask the waiter for something not on the menu such as Mac and Cheese. Sometimes you have to ask the night before and other times you an ask that night. I traveled with someone whose daughter wanted butter and noodles every night. They could easily accommodate that. Even the kids menu is somewhat healthy. For example - the chicken strips are made with cut chicken breast strips (not processed chicken), the spaghetti and meatballs could easily be served for adults - my Italian mom would order this as an appetizer often. I ordered the alphabet soup (chicken broth with noodles) one night when I didn't feel well. 

I wish I could find some posts of food from the children’s menu...  The only thing I’ve ever seen is a volcano and that looks really good but I have allergies  😢

24 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I wish I could find some posts of food from the children’s menu...  The only thing I’ve ever seen is a volcano and that looks really good but I have allergies  😢

Here it is:

Not sure if they have changed descriptions or not but the menu is probably the same. 

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

I've seen some pretty great pics of the Volcano but the one time I ordered it the thing wasn't near as nice as the pics I've seen. I guess it depends on the kitchen. I may order the chicken strips one of these days though since they aren't chopped and formed chicken.

You can ask for other stuff too.  We regularly ask for a bowl of watermelon or strawberries or something as an appetizer.  My son also loves to get the cheese plate, which is on the dessert menu, as an appetizer.  My kids are adventurous eaters, but it's good to have something to order that they will for sure like!  So they order a cheese souffle and the escargot and also spaghetti (hold the meatballs)!  😉

we tried the kid's menu when we were on Caribbean Princess in 2016, and honestly, the food was inedible. My kid is a good eater, not picky, but not adventurous either, and he was right - the food was bad (kid's menu). It could have been better on Regal princess, but we didn't even try. I ordered fruit salads, something off the adult menu and dessert for his dinners. On one night he asked for green beans, and the waiter brought out a huge bowl of steamed green beans. Kiddo gobbled it up - they were delicious.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

On ‎01‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 6:50 AM, GottaLuvCruising said:

Thank you so much!  This will do nicely.  We hope our 9 year old will try some healthier options from the adult menu but the 6 year old is picky and has allergies.  I'll be happy if she eats ANYTHING.  

21 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

If you or your child has allergies, make sure to talk with the head waiter at dinner the first night. You will then order each night for the next night (and for the next lunch if it's a sea day). The head waiters receive special training on allergies. They know what is in each dish, including items that may not be obvious. They can also recommend changes to a dish so that it would not include the item you are allergic to. The kitchen will then make sure that the item is prepared without any cross contamination with items you are allergic to - they don't just remove the items from the dish.

This works better with traditional dining but it also works with anytime dining. If you have allergies and you are eating in anytime dining, I recommend you always eat in the same dining room so you can work with the same head waiter.

Do not attempt to explain allergies to your waiter - he's not trained to handle them. Always talk with the head waiter about allergies.

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 7:33 PM, I object 2 said:

I order meatballs and spaghetti from the kids menu at least once on our cruises.  Yum!

Yep.. At least once a cruise , sometimes more than once 😎

I order the volcano for desert almost every night !

Srpilo

2 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

we tried the kid's menu when we were on Caribbean Princess in 2016, and honestly, the food was inedible. My kid is a good eater, not picky, but not adventurous either, and he was right - the food was bad (kid's menu). It could have been better on Regal princess, but we didn't even try. I ordered fruit salads, something off the adult menu and dessert for his dinners. On one night he asked for green beans, and the waiter brought out a huge bowl of steamed green beans. Kiddo gobbled it up - they were delicious.

As with most things on ships - it depends on the chef. I can tell you the adult menu drove me crazy last summer. I thought the food was horrible and it is all stuff I had ordered on previous cruises and liked!

My Italian Mom would often order the spaghetti as an appetizer and really liked it. I do frequently order the salad off of this menu but only during the first half of the cruise on longer cruises. It looked pathetic on the 2nd half of the cruise. Oh well - the ports were great!

• Like 1