Caribe Hilton

Luv my furbaby

14 hours ago, Luv my furbaby said:

Tried to stay there in October last year but was notified that still weren’t open. I’ll be staying there for 2 nights post cruise in November and was wondering how it is, not sure it is open yet though. 

I had a trip planned to stay at the Caribe for the end of April for two nights before my cruise. They were scheduled to open in December, around the middle of November I received an email from the GM they were having delays with construction and cancelled my reservation. Once I received notice of this I started searching for a new  hotel and boy did the prices really go up ( keep in mind San Juan charges an 18% resort fee of the total price of your room). 

If it was me I would maybe book another hotel as back up just incase they have anymore delays and then you can always cancel it a few weeks before you go.

I hope they open in time for you, the property looks AMAZING!!

Yup.  We had it booked as well for this coming weekend using points.  We had our reservation since last May.

We received an email mid-November as well.  I tried moving our reservation, using points, to another hotel, but really had a tough time. 

If you are HH then you can try to call the direct HH Line and they'll fix things but you have to call between normal business hours to get anyone with any kind of pull.   It took me about an hour on the phone but I was able get it fixed.

I had a back up hotel of Hampton Inn but it was $400.  Thank goodness we didn't have to stay there b/c that's a lot of money for a Hampton.

• 4 months later...
On 1/19/2019 at 11:24 PM, Luv my furbaby said:

Tried to stay there in October last year but was notified that still weren’t open. I’ll be staying there for 2 nights post cruise in November and was wondering how it is, not sure it is open yet though. 

I just booked this for my precruise stay in November.  My daughter works for Hilton so got a great family and friends rate.  Their website states that they are now debuting their $150Million renovations so I'm guessing it is completed.

Edited by csteinhauser
typo

• 4 months later...

We are looking to book this hotel with points and are wondering about the different wings.  We can book Wave Wing, Garden Wing or Beach Wing for the same rate.  I haven't been able to find a resort map showing where each is located or any information about which is a better location.  Any information would be appreciated.

We are looking to book this hotel with points and are wondering about the different wings.  We can book Wave Wing, Garden Wing or Beach Wing for the same rate.  I haven't been able to find a resort map showing where each is located or any information about which is a better location.  Any information would be appreciated.
We are staying there later this month, I'll see what I can find for you.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

We stayed at the Caribe prior to a RCCL cruise at the end of October.  The resort is spectacular!  The lobby is "open air" and the pools and beaches are wonderful!  

We are diamond for life members, staying at Hilton hotels about 250+ nights a year for work.  This resort is on the level of the Hilton Hawaiian Village resort.  We enjoyed the Caribe stay so much that we just booked another cruise out of San Juan in January, primarily so we could stay at the Caribe pre and post cruise.   If you are paying with points, then you don't have to pay the resort fee.  My only complaint is the entire breakfast buffet is not complimentary for diamond members, only the continental breakfast, with a $11 per person upcharge for the entrie breakfast.

Enjoy your stay!

• Like 1

Forgot to tag you.

We had dinner tonight on property at Ristoric, my filet was fantastic so was my husband's chicken parmigiana.

This is our view from our room.e5991fed6a84443bc0aceea48dc77039.jpg12c6c9e24f9e345d879a38e04a502662.jpgec7ead12a12e0e441809155c9835aeb3.jpg

2 minutes ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

Forgot to tag you.

We had dinner tonight on property at Ristoric, my filet was fantastic so was my husband's chicken parmigiana.

This is our view from our room.e5991fed6a84443bc0aceea48dc77039.jpg12c6c9e24f9e345d879a38e04a502662.jpgec7ead12a12e0e441809155c9835aeb3.jpg

Thank you so much for the information!  We didn't want to book until we saw some current information, post construction photos.  It looks gorgeous!  Appreciate all the pictures.  Enjoy your trip! 🙂 

• Like 1

Thanks all for the comments on the Caribe. I checked in on November 20 at 8:30 am and was given a room right away. It wasn’t exactly the room I wanted but getting a room at 8:30 in the morning was wonderful. I was at the pool by 9:00. 
Beautiful resort and the staff were great!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
6 hours ago, mayinindy said:

What are food options around this hotel?  I have seen mixed reviews on the hotel restaurants.

Hello, fellow Hoosier! :-)

I've been looking for the same info as we are planning to stay at the Caribe in October either pre or post-cruise. I've read about El Mercado very near by...it's a "high end food court". Chinese, Thai, Italian, Mediterranean, Mexican, ice cream, etc. Sounds interesting to me. 

Terri

Edited by JustUs275

13 hours ago, JustUs275 said:

Hello, fellow Hoosier! 🙂

I've been looking for the same info as we are planning to stay at the Caribe in October either pre or post-cruise. I've read about El Mercado very near by...it's a "high end food court". Chinese, Thai, Italian, Mediterranean, Mexican, ice cream, etc. Sounds interesting to me. 

Terri

Hello fellow Hoosier!  I found things about El Mercado after I posted this question. It looks very interesting!  Any other tips people may have on restaurants around the hotel would be appreciated.