Cruise Critic Community
Mom33

Tote bags for beach port excursions?

We will be sailing on DCL for the first time in May. Do they supply tote bags to use ashore at the beach? We are used to receiving them on Princess. Thank you.

Supply? No. I would pack your own. either a tote bag or a backpack that can double as a carry on.

1 hour ago, gometros said:

Supply? No. I would pack your own. either a tote bag or a backpack that can double as a carry on.

Thank you for replying:classic_smile:

Once you are on your second Disney cruise you will receive a bag of some sort (previously a beach bag, currently a small sling-style backpack) as a Castaway Club "welcome back" gift, but first time cruisers need to bring their own!

Even though we get, we always bring our own. It doubles as a carry on, and it's always good to have an extra bag. I would bring one with you. 

25 minutes ago, angie7911922 said:

Even though we get, we always bring our own. It doubles as a carry on, and it's always good to have an extra bag. I would bring one with you. 

Thank you, we plan to bring what we have and shop for a Disney one onboard. I don't think our Princess bag will go over well.😉

20 hours ago, Mom33 said:

Thank you, we plan to bring what we have and shop for a Disney one onboard. I don't think our Princess bag will go over well.😉

I caught the smiley, but I wouldn't worry about it. You know how much UNiversal gear I see in the Disney parks all the time? I actually use a little wallet for my KTTW card that I got on Princess, since I hate having things hang around my neck.

We also have many Princess bags as we have sailed with Princess many times.

We do not choose to bring the bags off the ship as it can be a clear signal that we are cruise passengers visiting a port. Of course,we might be recognized as tourists,but we try to blend in whenever possible.

I pack a tote used for beach visits etc. The Princess bags are used at home as totes for various purposes.

On 1/20/2019 at 11:10 AM, Mom33 said:

We will be sailing on DCL for the first time in May. Do they supply tote bags to use ashore at the beach? We are used to receiving them on Princess. Thank you.

Not for first time DCL cruisers.  There are bags given to returning cruisers on subsequent cruises, however.

The nice thing is that the bags DCL gives to return cruisers (one per cabin), are good quality...not  like the stuff Princess gives.