A newbie's notes- Voyager Jan 7-17

vegasdriven

22 hours ago, vegasdriven said:

RachelD- things looked good from what we saw, but we didn't get a chance to wander around as our excursion was 5 hrs, and too much of that was taken up with the Bacardi factory. We were originally going to do the rainforest hike, but after reading how that area was affected we decided to change to the one we did.

We loved the rainforest when we were there pre hurricane.  Can’t imagin how it has been devastated by that disaster.

Vegasdriven (sorry, my iPad insists on capitalizing the first letter in your “name”) - I am late in thanking you for your wonderful blog.  It. Is always good to see people come on to CC to ask questions and learn about Regent and then enjoy the cruise.

Hope to sail with you one day!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the details.

We are joining Voyager on Saturday - do you remember if any options are available after disembarkation as we have a whole day in Miami before our BA flight in the evening.

We are scheduled for the zipline also so hope the maintenance will be completed before we arrive!

badgeressex - sorry, I can't answer that question for you, though I think I saw somewhere that there are no excursions after disembarking unless you are carrying on with the next cruise.

I suggest you ask this in a separate post, because here are certainly many more experienced passengers who will be happy to help with this.

Is this your first time Regent? If so, you are in for a lovely time. Unfortunately, I had to try a little bit of everything, so still fighting to get those extra pounds (what do you call them- stone?😀

Actually, not fighting hard enough🙄

PLEASE post about you zip line, we will just have to live vicariously!

1 hour ago, badgeressex said:

Thanks for the details.

We are joining Voyager on Saturday - do you remember if any options are available after disembarkation as we have a whole day in Miami before our BA flight in the evening.

We are scheduled for the zipline also so hope the maintenance will be completed before we arrive!

Regent normally offers the HO-HO Bus in Miami for those with late flights. The bus operator stores your luggage during the day and will then transfer you to the airport.

Not the most luxurious experience but it is a good way to use up the time.

Destination Services on board will be able to confirm if this option will be available to you.

Enjoy your cruise 😎

1 hour ago, badgeressex said:

Thanks - any idea how much they charge?

Included, i.e. no charge, if you booked your flights through Regent. 

If you arranged your own flights then the option may still be available for a charge, but not sure how much.

17 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

Sorry can't help you.

Ask Destinations on board whether the option is available and the cost

Good advice - I'd also add to check with them a day or two before you dock to avoid the last-minute rush of questions...

• 3 weeks later...

We disembarked the ship and there was a Big Bus rep straight outside immigration. For $59 pp they took us to Bayside Marketplace, stored our cases all day, included the HOHO tours and offered a choice of 3 departures ( 1pm, 3pm and 5pm I believe) to the airport - I think the same through RSS was $123pp. Great value and easy way to deal with transfers, luggage storage and killing a few hours till your flight.

Vegasdriven - the zipwire was rather underwhelming - great views from the top but quite a wait for your turn - they give you a group number when you get off the cable car. I suffer from vertigo and was rather nervous but apart from the first second when it starts it is just a ride down not especially fast - it depends on your expectations but rollercoasters etc are much faster and scarier in my opinion