Not Happy with Liquor Up Charges

gmbhardy

23 minutes ago, ranchette said:

Just returned on the Escape and they ran out of Johnny walker red on the second day of the cruise got a shipment in 2 days later and ran out again on the next to last day. What a joke !

JW Black is now included.  Still steamed that Grand Marnier and Patron were not included on my recent Bliss cruise, so my margaritas with those two ingredients and fresh lime juice could not be consumed in massive quantities. 😔

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, NLH Arizona said:

Probably raise the price on something else or raise the cruise fare to make up the dollars.

I would honestly be totally okay with them raising the cruise fares. It’s an honest, transparent way of raising prices, rather than bait-and-switch moneygrab tactics. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kcwiak said:

Im sorry I did not realize you could not read past my question about the included alcohol. My apologies. 

I suppose I missed that...I must not be understanding the question, all included alcohol is in the link...any not there will include an up charge...the difference over $15 plus 20%...prices will be posted, most bartenders make it clear what is not in the package..

21 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

JW Black is now included.  Still steamed that Grand Marnier and Patron were not included on my recent Bliss cruise, so my margaritas with those two ingredients and fresh lime juice could not be consumed in massive quantities. 😔

Good to know for any future cruise on NCL

1 hour ago, slugg said:

I would honestly be totally okay with them raising the cruise fares. It’s an honest, transparent way of raising prices, rather than bait-and-switch moneygrab tactics. 

Not bait and switch, but if you think it is, then report them or file a lawsuit. 

Edited by NLH Arizona

1 hour ago, slugg said:

This statement seems to preclude the possibility of both. Why not both? NCL have repeatedly demonstrated they are capable of both -- simultaneously.

5 hours ago, erdoran said:

NCL, thank you for listening and posting.

It is at best a "vailed" apology. NCL reacted to all the negavity. What they need to do is be more transparent.

If something is changed after booking GRANDFATHER those pax already booked. With today's technology IT can be done.

Put the proposed change out there BEFORE it's implemented and give pax xxx amount of time to react.

Edited by beerman2
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

didn't see Johnny Walker Black available on the Dawn this past week but Grey Goose is and so was another scotch that is one of my husbands favorite, plus at the M&G the hotel director said there is talk of adding specialty coffee from he made it clear it is only in the talking stage. 

3 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Screenshot of new menu on post #830 has JW Black included.  As per usual with NCL policy, it must vary by ship.

It does seem to vary just now I am thinking eventually they will all have the same pricing. Anyway it is just good to see there are some slightly better brands for under $15. 

so based on this list, Makers Mark and Buffalo Trace are not included in the Ultimate Beverage Package? In other words, they are above $15?

Also - your typical beers are listed as being included - what about the craft beers in the District Brew House - are they included?

2 hours ago, kenns said:

so based on this list, Makers Mark and Buffalo Trace are not included in the Ultimate Beverage Package? In other words, they are above $15?

Also - your typical beers are listed as being included - what about the craft beers in the District Brew House - are they included?

About 90% of the beers at the DBH are included.

On 2/18/2019 at 10:34 AM, Norwegian Cruise Line said:

We strive to provide our guests with exceptional experiences and added value whenever possible. As recent changes to our beverage program caused some disappointment, we have made adjustments which we hope demonstrate our deep commitment to guest satisfaction. Customer favorites including Grey Goose and Grand Marnier have been reintroduced into the Ultimate Beverage Package, which provides guests with unlimited beverages up to $15 per glass during the entirety of their cruise.  For additional information about our offerings, please click here - https://www.ncl.com/onboard-packages.

This is beautiful. I don't recall your post about providing exceptional experiences and adding value when the prices were secretly increased to unsustainable levels a month or so ago. Why was that? But, now you are out in front of the price adjustments? Really? C'mon man! 

1 hour ago, blcruising said:

This is beautiful. I don't recall your post about providing exceptional experiences and adding value when the prices were secretly increased to unsustainable levels a month or so ago. Why was that? But, now you are out in front of the price adjustments? Really? C'mon man! 

1 hour ago, blcruising said:

Either that, or they won't stock the bars with the included liquors. Knowing NCL, they might do both.

It may just be me but I"m beginning to sense a certain cynicism about NCL . 🤨

• Like 1

Probably some truth to that.

However, I regularly call out bad corporate behavior when I see it. To come on this board weeks after the topic was raised and announce a price decrease when they secretly increased prices a month ago without announcement is bad behavior.

I have seen posts on this message indicating bars are not properly stocked with included liquors.

I have found a wealth of information here on these boards. I am a more informed cruiser because of it. It is important that everyone knows exactly what they are and aren't getting with Norwegian Cruise Lines. My posts are made with that intent.

3 hours ago, blcruising said:

Either that, or they won't stock the bars with the included liquors. Knowing NCL, they might do both.

On the official NCL link that has the majority of the included stuff listed, I was surprised to see Rum Chata on the list.  Never saw it displayed behind any bar on my recent Bliss cruise or on three previous Escape cruises.  Would have been nice to have some Cinnamon Toast Crunch shots.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just saw an article listing the Pearl, Dawn, Gem, Jewel and Star as the current ships in the fleet to be currently offering the new Premium Plus package as an upgrade offer.  The rest of the fleet should be included by the end of March.  The current UBP will also be renamed Premium Beverage Package.  https://cruiseradio.net/norwegian-cruise-line-rolls-out-new-drink-package-pricing/

It appears for 38.00 a day, you get any booze for the most part.  I wonder if say Johnny Blue will be included and such. But the big kicker is bottled water and coffees etc....That clearly has value. At the end of the day it appears NCL retreated on a poor or would it be pour(LOL) business decision with many liquors, but not all. If you get the booze package, it is still a great deal, and if you pay ala carte, you are paying NYC Five Star drink prices which on a cruise is getting screwed. In short, they want everyone to take the booze package as their add on.

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

On the official NCL link that has the majority of the included stuff listed, I was surprised to see Rum Chata on the list.  Never saw it displayed behind any bar on my recent Bliss cruise or on three previous Escape cruises.  Would have been nice to have some Cinnamon Toast Crunch shots.

Please, do share... what is in a cinnamon toast crunch shot!?

38 minutes ago, AtlantaAlly said:

Please, do share... what is in a cinnamon toast crunch shot!?

20 minutes ago, NLH Arizona said:

Wondering the same thing, because it sounds like something I would like.

It is a combination of Rum Chata and Fireball