Cruise Critic Community
Habs_cat

Refundable deposit?

We are planning a cruise for the summer of 2020. I found the perfect itinerary with Royal Caribbean. However the deposit they are asking for is non-refundable, and more than we can afford to lose if things don’t work out. It is highly likely we will go on this cruise, but I can’t access pricing or schedules for airfare or hotels this far in advance. RCI seems to be having a sale right now. Do they offer refundable deposits on non-sale fares? If they do, and I book at the higher price, will I be able to take advantage of upcoming sales or price drops? 

If you will be making a booking under US/Canadian rules, then all sailings have refundable deposit bookings on categories up through Junior Suites.  Grand Suites and better are all non-refundable bookings now.

Either way, refundable or non-refundable deposit, you can still get price drops on US/Canadian bookings until final payment date.

You have to go all the way thru the booking process and enter all passengers names, then on the next screen it will show you the refundable amount

43 minutes ago, molly361 said:

You have to go all the way thru the booking process and enter all passengers names, then on the next screen it will show you the refundable amount

Thank you! I went ahead and booked.

For other cruisers with the same question: after entering passenger information I was given options: pre-paid gratuities, dining time and refundable deposit. Choosing refundable deposit added $153 to the overall cost. Well worth it this far out!

You only lose $100 per person, not the entire deposit.

The remainder of the deposit is "refunded" as a Future Cruise Credit, that can be used to pay for any cruise within 1 year of your cancelling the other cruise.

Edited by SRF

If you will be making a booking under US/Canadian rules, then all sailings have refundable deposit bookings on categories up through Junior Suites.  Grand Suites and better are all non-refundable bookings now.

Either way, refundable or non-refundable deposit, you can still get price drops on US/Canadian bookings until final payment date.

I have my first RC cruise booked I booked online myself how do you get the price drops?

I have my first RC cruise booked I booked online myself how do you get the price drops?

Call RC customer service.

Have to watch for the drops yourself. Then call Royal directly to recieve drop