Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
ano

Scary Stuff

Recommended Posts

On 1/21/2019 at 11:53 PM, ano said:

I agree with you. Might be a good day to enjoy the ship. 

I have enjoyed pigeon island beach snorkeling in the past. But I’m a little Leary about this underlying problem in St. Lucia. Feeling the pressure last time too!

Usually do our own things on the islands. But better safe than sorry. 

Love The Caribbean but there’s a few islands that are worry some.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, seems like every trip lately to South America, Mexico, and Caribbean has one of these problem areas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We felt absolutely safe on a private tour with Cosol this past September...worth considering.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2019 at 4:58 PM, Ashland said:

We felt absolutely safe on a private tour with Cosol this past September...worth considering.

 

We also used his services in the past and it felt absolutely safe.

Less than a month ago we just went to Reduit beach at Rodney Bay and again felt absolutely safe.

 

I would never stay on the ship much less in St Lucia, one of the most beautiful Caribbean islands. I hope this was just a rare incident.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, bostonfred said:

We had our own issues last time, probably staying on ship..

Very sad...but of course your choice....enjoy the empty ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Serenity Park seems like a place that should be avoided at this time.  Thank you for posting the article.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's always a problem in or around Serenity Park, you never go down there or downtown Castries by yourself. I've been doing St. Lucia a long time, I love this place BUT as a cruise ship passenger this is one of those things you don't do. Actually I don't even like driving through Castries in a big tour bus and haven't for years. We take Spencer's boat straight from the port straight to Jalousie Beach and back by the SAME BOAT. Your damn right we do!

 

I remember the old port before they built the nice new cruise ship area, since they took all that property, built that entire area around the port that's secure you don't have to go outside the gate anymore and I'm not sure you want to. St. Lucia has the best wonderfully secure Beer Garden in the eastern Carib., we were there with several ships in port, literally thousands of people there. Don't go in town stay in the Beer Garden and drink BEER!!! Take care Todd

 

Never stay on the ship in St. Lucia. This island is something very special. The only problem we ever had, was every time we were in the rainforest way up in the mountains it wouldn't quit raining long enough for anyone of us to get like just a little dry, it rained so much we gave up trying to get dry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2019 at 4:58 PM, Ashland said:

We felt absolutely safe on a private tour with Cosol this past September...worth considering.

I was with Cosol a LONG time ago, this is a great very safe tour. Actually I was with one of his drivers Baptiste when we were being rained on up in the mountains so bad we had to wait until the rain subsided to get out of the rainforest this was 2008.

 

That's pretty much sealed the deal when it came to me understanding why rainforests were called rainforests.

 

Hope that helps Todd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TTEllis said:

I was with Cosol a LONG time ago, this is a great very safe tour. Actually I was with one of his drivers Baptiste when we were being rained on up in the mountains so bad we had to wait until the rain subsided to get out of the rainforest this was 2008.

 

That's pretty much sealed the deal when it came to me understanding why rainforests were called rainforests.

 

Hope that helps Todd

We did the Cosol tour this past September with Baptiste...he was amazing...wasn't he !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ashland said:

We did the Cosol tour this past September with Baptiste...he was amazing...wasn't he !!

Baptiste is as good as it get's, he really takes care of everybody. The guy is top shelf all the way he's been with Cosol tours forever, our group was huge we never had a problem. Cosol tours on St. Lucia especially now that Herod Stanislas is the Minister of Agriculture is the best ticket on St. Lucia. Later Todd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2019 at 10:36 AM, bostonfred said:

We had our own issues last time, probably staying on ship..

What happened?? It would take quite a few "issues" for me to stay on the ship in St. Lucia, and then I'd still get off the ship!!😊

Ain't happnin, actually I haven't been to the island in about 4 years, used to go all the time, in the process of trying to sync up a cruise in the next year that ports here. That's why I'm here.😉

 

Jalousie(Sugar) Beach and The Piton's DON"T GET OLD. Swimming between The Piton's was something I really never got tired of. Walking up Jalousie with a beer in my hand looking up and seeing Baptiste with a big smile on his face, hmmmm I'm not sure this island has enough "issues" for me to ever consider staying on the ship. :classic_huh: Personally I don't even like the thought of it.:classic_wacko: 

 

So its back to Cosol again, that's SO AWESOME!!!! 

Thanks Ashland. See how easy that is.😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not attempting to scare anyone from getting off the ship in St Lucia. I'll be cruising there in Jan 2020 on the NCL Dawn and have full intentions of doing an excursion. I came here to see if anyone had read what happened to Cosol.

I went on line to look for his website. He was our very first tour guide on our first trip to St Lucia in 2007. There was a large group of us, his business was just starting to grow. Thanks to recommendations/great reviews on the CC web site and the business it drummed up he had just purchased his 2nd van. He was so happy and proud and our tour was fabulous. I had a soft spot in my heart for him and on the occasions we returned to St Lucia, we would book with him. My intent was to do this again, especially as we are cruising with people new to St Lucia and I thought there is NO better than Cosol to show them the island that he loves so much.

When I Googled his name, I was stunned to see that this past July, he was shot and killed on the island. My heart is broken.

Again, I am not trying to scare people...the fact is there are shootings galore here in the US all the time (although most of us try not to think about that fact)….I just know that there are a lot....SO many on Cruise Critic that loved Cosol. I wanted them to know he was gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, halos said:

I'm not attempting to scare anyone from getting off the ship in St Lucia. I'll be cruising there in Jan 2020 on the NCL Dawn and have full intentions of doing an excursion. I came here to see if anyone had read what happened to Cosol.

I went on line to look for his website. He was our very first tour guide on our first trip to St Lucia in 2007. There was a large group of us, his business was just starting to grow. Thanks to recommendations/great reviews on the CC web site and the business it drummed up he had just purchased his 2nd van. He was so happy and proud and our tour was fabulous. I had a soft spot in my heart for him and on the occasions we returned to St Lucia, we would book with him. My intent was to do this again, especially as we are cruising with people new to St Lucia and I thought there is NO better than Cosol to show them the island that he loves so much.

When I Googled his name, I was stunned to see that this past July, he was shot and killed on the island. My heart is broken.

Again, I am not trying to scare people...the fact is there are shootings galore here in the US all the time (although most of us try not to think about that fact)….I just know that there are a lot....SO many on Cruise Critic that loved Cosol. I wanted them to know he was gone.

There's actually several threads with regards to the tragedy that befell Cosol. And yes, it's a tragedy. They have the suspects  in custody and charges have been filed . His brother has kept the business alive and it's still going strong. It always strikes harder when it's someone you know versus the news about strangers being shot every night. Fortunately, in our small community, we generally catch the perps quite quickly and bring them to justice , of sorts.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2019 at 4:58 PM, Ashland said:

We felt absolutely safe on a private tour with Cosol this past September...worth considering.

You are aware that he himself was murdered in 2018?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Langoustine said:

You are aware that he himself was murdered in 2018?

Of course we were aware of this tragedy...but it had nothing to do with the safety we felt touring with his company :classic_rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2019 at 11:48 PM, Langoustine said:

You are aware that he himself was murdered in 2018?

This individual has obviously not read the previous posts, I've been with Cosol twice in the past, plan on booking with the company that now bears his name next year when I'm on St. Lucia, and have never felt safer in my life. Anything beat's NYC, one of the top 5 largest sewers on planet earth.  Later Todd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • 2019 Cruisers' Choice Awards
      • Celebrity Edge in Europe Sweepstakes
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Community Contests
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...