Seaside Sail Away Changed To 4:00??

happy cruzin

On 1/22/2019 at 12:06 PM, cocksparra said:

I sail Sat 26th still 7pm

On 1/22/2019 at 11:50 AM, JAGR said:

It is 5:00 on Eastern itinerary and 7:00 on the Western itinerary (at least on March 2 and 9, 2019).

FYI.....I'm told by TA - that with no real announcement because it doesn't change the all on board time - MSC has changed all of the departures from Miami to 4:00 pm. 

She also stated that they do not seem to be updating the documents or the website to show the change!  :classic_rolleyes:

42 minutes ago, happy cruzin said:

FYI.....I'm told by TA - that with no real announcement because it doesn't change the all on board time - MSC has changed all of the departures from Miami to 4:00 pm. 

She also stated that they do not seem to be updating the documents or the website to show the change!  :classic_rolleyes:

They better tell Port of Miami!  Port schedule shows 5:00 and 7:00 departures week after week. I don't care, since I'll be on board by 11:30 with Top Sail drink in hand!

I've sailed on the Seaside twice since September and both times they left at 5 p.m. However, both times it was the eastern itinerary. I just checked and the western itinerary is still 7 p.m.

Captain Marco Massa told me that the reason for the 7 p.m. departure was primarily to help European passengers who chose to fly to Miami on embarkation day a little extra time in getting to the port. Flights from Europe don't arrive until roughly 3 p.m.However, MSC evidently found that few if any of the Europeans took advantage of the later embarkation time. Apparently MSC didn't find many - if any - who waited until the day of departure to fly here- very smart!

The western itinerary leaves Miami two hours later at 7 - and I'm just theorizing here - because the first stop is in Jamaica and it doesn't take as long to get there as it does to reach San Juan, the first stop on the eastern itinerary.