On Board Credit

jimlouisesophie

We have an onboard credit and want to use it for the Ultimate Beverage Package.  I understand that we can only use the credit when embarking on the first day.  Where do we actually sign up for the beverage package  once on board.   We are also gifting ourselves monthly until departure so that the total package expense will not show up as such a large amount on our final account.

Edited by jimlouisesophie
incorrect message

There will be plenty of tables set up selling the beverage package when you embark. if you want to use OBC you'll have to do it once you board. Anything other than excursions that you place in your personalizer will need to be paid for at that time.

I have seen it other places, but, usually, I have found a table display with some dining room personnel selling beverage packages in the aft elevator lobby near the buffet.

If you don't see it, I would suggest that you ask one of the buffet supervisors (they're usually wearing jackets) in the buffet.

12 minutes ago, STREETKING said:

There will be plenty of tables set up selling the beverage package when you embark. if you want to use OBC you'll have to do it once you board. Anything other than excursions that you place in your personalizer will need to be paid for at that time.

The OBC that came from Princess is not enough to cover the cost of an excursion we want to book. If I purchase additional OBC, can that be applied to the excursion?

Same price if prepaying or paying on board, but if you already have an onboard credit and wish to use it, you will have to sign up for the beverage package on embarking day only.  Like I quoted, we are putting additional funds into our account on a monthly basis for our November cruise, as we do not want to be hit with a large charge at the end of our cruise....the funds are reimbursed if not all used, only for the amount we are actually putting into the account, not the original OBC that we were given.

18 hours ago, tempus137 said:

The OBC that came from Princess is not enough to cover the cost of an excursion we want to book. If I purchase additional OBC, can that be applied to the excursion?

If you are pre-purchasing an excursion then the net balance due after the OBC is used will go directly to your credit card. No need to go through the extra OBC purchasing step.

If you want to wait until you are on board then all OBC will show as a credit(s) to your account(s). Any on board charge including tours are added to your account as incurred and your account(s) will have a running balance. You don't specifically designate OBC for certain on board expenses.