Port Side - Harmony of the Seas

I have a port side balcony on Harmony of the Seas for Western Caribbean itinerary.  What will be my view at each port..... Falmouth Jamaica, Cozumel Mexico, and Labadee Haiti..  I enjoy seeing the ports and want to make sure I'm on the best side.  TIA

18 minutes ago, cruisefun77 said:

I have a port side balcony on Harmony of the Seas for Western Caribbean itinerary.  What will be my view at each port..... Falmouth Jamaica, Cozumel Mexico, and Labadee Haiti..  I enjoy seeing the ports and want to make sure I'm on the best side.  TIA

The view at each port is not predictable.

27 minutes ago, cruisefun77 said:

we were on harmony for the same itinerary 2 years ago we were starboard side and faced the port on all three stops, however the dis not mean it will be the same now.

7 hours ago, cruisefun77 said:

We were on the same itinerary July of 2018.  Harmony docked on the starboard side for all three ports.  

Jim

I don’t think the view of the ports at Falmouth or Cozumel is much to make either side a best view. The docks are at an angle. I had a port side balcony but didn’t think of taking photos from the balcony at the ports.

Here are some photos of how we docked last week on Harmony at Labadee, Falmouth and Cozumel.

da8c5dd6bb09cbd0a24ee7e0cfb4b151.jpg

76bfce3f07d6817d02533d08dfecdd14.jpg

bca5e34b9c7ead1fdffd98b15b4cab20.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, cruisefun77 said:

We were just on that itinerary on Harmony in December.  We did not see the port in any of the three stops.  We had water views all the time.  

Oasis class ships are designed to dock up on the starboard side, which is why most of the time you will dock on that side.  However, they will often do port side when they are doing drills, or have maintenance/cleaning scheduled for port side.  

You can't say for sure, but out of 26 cruises the vast majority, we've been starboard side to the pier.  Having said that, we did a 9 night cruise on Freedom one year and had a cabin on the port side.  We were facing the pier in every port.  But I usually book starboard side for a pier view as that has been my experience.  

4 minutes ago, papaflamingo said:

You can't say for sure, but out of 26 cruises the vast majority, we've been starboard side to the pier.  Having said that, we did a 9 night cruise on Freedom one year and had a cabin on the port side.  We were facing the pier in every port.  But I usually book starboard side for a pier view as that has been my experience.  

See my post #11.  This applies to Oasis class ships only.  Toss up which side with the other class ships.  

On 1/23/2019 at 9:00 AM, island lady said:

Oasis class ships are designed to dock up on the starboard side, which is why most of the time you will dock on that side.  However, they will often do port side when they are doing drills, or have maintenance/cleaning scheduled for port side.  

This was actually mentioned during the Captain's Corner when I was on Anthem last year.  If they need to lower the lifeboats for drills/maintenance (as noted by the post I quoted) they could dock with a different side to the pier.  It was brought up because one of the other ships in port in Nassau (it was a Carnival ship) was docked port-side against the pier while we were starboard, the Carnival ship was actually doing drills with the lifeboats, which was also asked about.

On 1/26/2019 at 8:30 AM, hallux said:

This was actually mentioned during the Captain's Corner when I was on Anthem last year.  If they need to lower the lifeboats for drills/maintenance (as noted by the post I quoted) they could dock with a different side to the pier.  It was brought up because one of the other ships in port in Nassau (it was a Carnival ship) was docked port-side against the pier while we were starboard, the Carnival ship was actually doing drills with the lifeboats, which was also asked about.

Agree...ships can dock on either side.  But with Oasis class of ships, as I mentioned, is designed to dock on starboard side.  That is why most of the time it will be on that side. Anthem is not an Oasis class, neither is Carnival.  Oasis class ships are unique, and you also won't find them doing any tendering either.