Diving in Mahahual

jess43

I would very much like to dive with Dreamtime. They are very inexpensive & I've heard nothing but good things about them.

A couple of questions: Did you walk to Dreamtime or take a taxi? Did you have to wait in line for the taxi's? I wanted to catch the 10 am dive and our boat docks at 8, in your opinion would I be able to make it?

Also I'm in a group of 7 and I'm the only diver and my group would prefer me diving close to where they will be on the beach. Is there stuff to do for my non-diving group? Are there alot of bars near Dreamtime? If you could describe the area surronding that would be great. Any info would help, thank you in advance!

Man, it's hard being a 23 year old female solo diver!

we are diving w/dreamtime next week and I will post a full review. Also we have 30 other people going to their resort hanging out at the beach having lunch and snorkeling so there are htings to do :)

Look for my review the 1st week of feb. :)

You will definately need to take a cab to either Dreamtime or Maya Palms. They are only about a mile apart.......but a long mile because of the bumpy road. It took us about 25 minutes to get to Maya Palms from the drop off point in Maja. We only went about 9 miles.

Diving with Maya Palms was good. The diving is not Cozumel, but it was worth seeing at least once. We got very personal service and the folks there were very nice and personable. They were Americans so they spoke good English. I would dive with them again.

Either way, I think you will be in good hands. Originally I was going to dive with Dreamtime, but they have a contract with Princess which makes a two tanks $150 for one person. I was only be able to book through the ship, so that is why I chose Maya. I don't think they have a contract with any other line.

Good luck, and if you have any other questions, let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys - working on my review - But Augies on the wester caribbean at the top of the board is dead on. we dove with him in 3 ports.

I will post my review too though it is almost the same thing :) Grand cayman is done and on the carnival board - I will post it here too once I get costa maya and Roatan finished up!

OH and I hear both dive shops are great :)

Archived