First Time on HAL: K-dam

Terre

We were on her from Jan 4 - 13.  Totally agree on Tamarind...also enjoyed BB King Blues Club.  If they still have it, make sure you see Planet Earth with K'dam orchestra show.  And you'll have a laugh at the comedian Hilby....word of advice though...DON'T BE LATE for his show!!

• Like 2

Just off the Kongingsdam yesterday.  Dutch Cafe is excellent and I had my best latte EVER from there!   Also love the milkshakes from Gelato.

The one big change I didn’t like since I was on the ship in December 2017 is that they changed from 3 shows on the World Stage to two.  This makes it overcrowded for every show.  It was a huge complaint from all about the smaller venue and larger crowded.

The Tamarind was excellent as was the Pinnacle.  

I enjoyed America’s Test kitchen if that interests you-on the World Stage.  Also really liked attending “Ask the Captain” with Captain Timmer who is very funny.  (It will be another Captain in March but was very interesting especially with audience questions being answered).  

Enjoy your cruise.  We are going again next month for my third time on the ship-love it.

• Like 1

If you like burgers check out Dive In. Its included with your fare and one of the best burgers iv had at sea. secret, if you like your meat cooked medium they'll do that.   

Edited by ppmanusa
  • Like 1

Lincoln Center concerts are wonderful (mostly classical) and the players are quite talented.  Dutch Cafe great for yummy coffees and great snacks (especially appreciated after long shore day), Pinnacle and Tamarind restaurants, N.Y. Deli up above Lido pool (again good after coming back from shore),  Ask the Captain always interesting, and great staff.  World Stage with excellent viewing and its digital screens make some very interesting shows.  Can't wait to be back in March.  Enjoy your first HAL cruise.  We've had lots of very memorable days on board.

On 1/23/2019 at 3:01 PM, Terre said:

We are taking our first HAL cruise in March on K-dam.  What should we not miss; any tips about the ship would be appreciated. 

We were on the Konigsdam from 1/4-1/13. The shows on the World Stage are not to be missed. That venue is absolutely amazing. The late shows usually had plenty of seating available.

Good music in BB Kings and Billboard.

We found Anytime Dining noisy and chaotic in the lower MDR the one night we ate there. Main Seating in the upstairs MDR was much more relaxed and enjoyable.

Neal in Cincinnati

• Like 1

Just off the 1/23-2/3 cruise. The Crows Nest Bar is nice, too bad I waited until the last day to try.   If going to an 8:00 World Stage show, plan on being there at 7:00 to get a seat.  If you are going to Martinique, the Rum Distillery and cooking lesson is a great excursion. Also we found the soups were universally too salty, so let the waiters know the night before that you want low sodium versions.   It was our first HAL cruise, but probably not the last. 

• Like 1