Embarkation day MDR lunch - how long will it be open?

trinitygirl

Hi all, after all the v helpful advice about running not walking to the Sanctuary after boarding, and being prepared to wait in line for a while, I am wondering if I should cancel my original plan of lunch in the MDR?  The official boarding time is 1pm but my upgrade letter says I can board anytime after 12.30.  My plan is to arrive at the port around 11.30 and hope to be on board at 12.30.  My question is, does anyone know when and how long the MDR will be open for lunch, or should I bring a snack to eat in line, and be prepared to wait until dinner (I avoid buffets at all costs)?

many thanks for your experienced advice!

7 minutes ago, trinitygirl said:

Hi all, after all the v helpful advice about running not walking to the Sanctuary after boarding, and being prepared to wait in line for a while, I am wondering if I should cancel my original plan of lunch in the MDR?  The official boarding time is 1pm but my upgrade letter says I can board anytime after 12.30.  My plan is to arrive at the port around 11.30 and hope to be on board at 12.30.  My question is, does anyone know when and how long the MDR will be open for lunch, or should I bring a snack to eat in line, and be prepared to wait until dinner (I avoid buffets at all costs)?

many thanks for your experienced advice!

MDR is open for lunch from 12-1:30. 

There's the Trident Grill, Prego/Slice Pizza,  International Cafe (most ships), and Alfredo's (some ships) also.  No need to bring a snack, unless you want to, or eat in the buffet, again, unless you want to.

1 hour ago, idahospud said:

On our cruises this last November and December (after the dinner dining times were moved up) the embarkation lunch and sea day dining room hours changed, too. Closed at 1:00 instead of 1:30. 

Wow I hadn't heard that before but it obviously wasn't (isn't?) the case on all Princess ships.  We were on the Crown Princess over Christmas and the embarkation lunch was held from noon to 1:30.

trinitygirl - in your 'run' to the Sanctuary, if you pass the Passenger Services desk there should be additional copies of the Patter on the counter so grab one and check the back page for the lunch times.  It will also give you something to peruse if the line is long signing up for the Sanctuary.  :classic_biggrin:

Have a wonderful cruise!