Cruise Critic Community
Host Star

Cruise critic host. Host star

Hi everyone

i am one of the cruise critic hosts for this board and can be reached at hoststar@cruisecritic.com

What exactly is a "host" and what sort of things should we reach out to you for? Is that the new age term for a forum moderator?

I think it's just a polite way of saying "Hello " if you need me or If I can help you let me know .

On 1/26/2019 at 8:13 AM, Sailing12Away said:

What exactly is a "host" and what sort of things should we reach out to you for? Is that the new age term for a forum moderator?

Yes we are forum moderators

On 1/26/2019 at 8:13 AM, Sailing12Away said:

Hi

we have always been called hosts. Although technically we are forum moderators.   Have great 401 plans full health and dental plans.  6 weeks paid vacations and free cruises.  Oops. That was in my dreams.  😀😀😀😀

My husband and I will be on the Getaway Sep 5, 2019 when it departs Copenhagen for a 9 day cruise that has a 2 day stop in St. Petersburg, Russia.  The ship excursions are too long for our energy level, include sights that are not of interest and do not include experiences I want.  Plus my husband needs a wheel chair and pusher for long distances.  I contacted TJ with my desired agenda:  the Hermitage one day, the Amber Room at Catherine’s Palace the other, shopping locally made arts and crafts, and maybe the Peterhof fountains and gardens.  They came back with an offer of $530 per person.  That’s an awfully steep price for us, but this port is the reason we booked the cruise.   Can I use this forum to see if anyone on that cruise wants to join us of TJ reduces the price?  Also, I am open to suggestions if there’s another way to do what we want.  We’ve cruised several times,  but I have always explored on my own while my husband either used the HOHO or stayed aboard.  I’ve never had to deal with the requirements like St. P has.