1-24-19 Thursday Weigh-In...Is It Harder To Lose During Winter Months?

Belle

Winter Weather... some have sun, snow or rain

Is it easier to lose or gain

Some seem to have no problems their so good

Others have trouble with winter comfort food

Is so nice to lose weight every month of the year

Maybe some months you stay the same but doing good you hear

Being on here each week keeps you accountable

Helps you not to eat to much at the dinner table

We're all here for the same reason to get healthy and lose weight

But we all know it's also for our cruises now and later lets be straight

Know at times can be a "bump in the sea" and you could have a gain

But you'll get right back on the "ship" eat less and exercise without pain

Know we can lose weight if we eat and exercise right

So lets do it with all our might

So hope to see you ALL every Thursday

Even the ones who have gone away

Good Morning - Thanks for the poem.  Not sure which is more difficult food wise - comfort foods in winter or bbq's in the summer.  But, I think it's harder in the winter, easier to just sit on the couch (or in front of the computer) and not be really active.

Today was a big week for loss, as it was 1.4# .. wish it would be more, but happy.  I've now lost 15.6# on this newest journey.  

Sometimes its so difficult to keep on trying ... 

Hope everyone had a good week.    Jan

• Like 1

Hi Belle, thanks for starting the thread a sharing your poems every week. I am only down 1#lb this week. Wasn't as disciplined as I could have been, but hey still on the right track.. Flatland Dave good to not gain, and Jan great job after another good loss... Take care all Rob

• Like 1

HI all!

Belle ~ food for thought for sure! I think it's harder to lose weight in winter as you're home more plus for me I feel like baking or think that chocolate will warm me, lol!

I lost 1 lb so am happy about that! Wonder what it could have been had I not eaten cookies & chocolate?!

Jan ~ you're doing great!! Keep it up, you can do it!

Have a great week everyone. I'm getting tired of winter already!!!

~ Jo ~ 😊

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

Hello Belle, great poem. 

I lost 1 lb. Happy with that. 3 lbs. to lose to be at pre-cruise weight from October. Better lose it before our next cruise in April.....

Jan, great loss, fantastic total. Jo and Ren good loss for you too.

Dave, sorry you stayed the same but not gaining is good. 

Have a good day.

Diana

• Like 1

It was good to.join and get encouragement on last weeks thread. Ive dusted off my scales, weighed myself soI have a starting weight and  i will be ready for the weigh in next week, fingers crossed 🤞 I can lose a pound or 2 in my first week 

Hello Everyone! See everyone had a good week. Congrats

Welcome Annie. Glad your joining us. Good luck and hard

work on your first week.

Dave..No gain that's good. You'll lose soon. Your doing so good.

Jan..Any loss is a good loss! You loss over a pound. I would like that.

Rob..Good loss for you to. Some weeks eating is better than an other even when on plan.

Jo..Nice loss maybe would of been better with out the cookies!:classic_laugh:

Diana..Another good loss. Bet you can get the 3 off before April.

I was a "stay the samer"  Ate out yesterday if that made a difference or not.

I think it's harder to lose in the winter. Don't walk to walk outside. It's cold.

Don't know how you do it in the snow! I want to stay in and eat hot comfort food.

(Good today making a pot roast with veggies.)

Thank you all that you still like my "poems" I make up Wed. night for Thursdays weigh-ins.

I'm sad ..guess we're not as interesting as we were before or my poems aren't good to some......

We have less people coming in and joining us..(new and others with us before) and less

people reading our thread and posts. We use to have over a 1000 read our posts and I hope

they helped then. Now we only have a few 100. Hope we can get more to join and others

to come back in. Plus have more people read again especially if it helped them stay on track

even if they didn't want to come in and talk.

Everyone have a good Friday and weekend.  Stay safe and warm.

Edited by Belle

1 hour ago, Belle said:

Hello Everyone! See everyone had a good week. Congrats

Welcome Annie. Glad your joining us. Good luck and hard

work on your first week.

Dave..No gain that's good. You'll lose soon. Your doing so good.

Jan..Any loss is a good loss! You loss over a pound. I would like that.

Rob..Good loss for you to. Some weeks eating is better than an other even when on plan.

Jo..Nice loss maybe would of been better with out the cookies!:classic_laugh:

Diana..Another good loss. Bet you can get the 3 off before April.

I was a "stay the samer"  Ate out yesterday if that made a difference or not.

I think it's harder to lose in the winter. Don't walk to walk outside. It's cold.

Don't know how you do it in the snow! I want to stay in and eat hot comfort food.

(Good today making a pot roast with veggies.)

Thank you all that you still like my "poems" I make up Wed. night for Thursdays weigh-ins.

I'm sad ..guess we're not as interesting as we were before or my poems aren't good to some......

We have less people coming in and joining us..(new and others with us before) and less

people reading our thread and posts. We use to have over a 1000 read our posts and I hope

they helped then. Now we only have a few 100. Hope we can get more to join and others

to come back in. Plus have more people read again especially if it helped them stay on track

even if they didn't want to come in and talk.

Everyone have a good Friday and weekend.  Stay safe and warm.

I come and read it every day.

• Like 1

Cruise42 I'm glad you still come in and read everyday. Pop in once in awhile and talk to us like you

just did. Miss you.

Angiemom Welcome, yes come in every week, weigh-ins on Thursday but come in and talk any day.

Good chance to lose your 9 lbs by April. Got over 2 months.

How's everyone doing today?  Hope your weather is improving. Have a good weekend.

Hi Anniedave,  hope you have a great start to your week and come and share with us.  Angiemom, great time to start and am sure you can kiss that 9lbs goodbye by April...Etta 123  , You should be ok if you stay on track for your Feb cruise,  Snowcamper we are also cruising the end of April so we have 3 months to get in shape and lose, where are you cruising to . So nice to see so many people coming to share and encourage each other.. Diana , sounds like your almost to your goal, another good week , Belle have a great weekend, take care all Rob

1 minute ago, renjrusa said:

Hi Anniedave,  hope you have a great start to your week and come and share with us.  Angiemom, great time to start and am sure you can kiss that 9lbs goodbye by April...Etta 123  , You should be ok if you stay on track for your Feb cruise,  Snowcamper we are also cruising the end of April so we have 3 months to get in shape and lose, where are you cruising to . So nice to see so many people coming to share and encourage each other.. Diana , sounds like your almost to your goal, another good week , Belle have a great weekend, take care all Rob

Rob, we are doing a TA from NYC on NCL Getaway.  Can't wait!  How about you?

Oh dear, went to visit a friend yesterday evening after a long week at work and had a glass of wine or 3.... then came home and had a chocolate bar 😣 Hopefully Back on track today ! 

Well done to everyone who is sticking with it this week.

Anyone else from the UK on here? Snow is forcast 

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 10:38 PM, anniedave said:

Oh dear, went to visit a friend yesterday evening after a long week at work and had a glass of wine or 3.... then came home and had a chocolate bar 😣 Hopefully Back on track today ! 

Well done to everyone who is sticking with it this week.

Anyone else from the UK on here? Snow is forcast 

Hi AnnieDave, actually both wine and chocolate are both part of a healthy diet.... 🥂😀

• Like 2

Welcome newcomers and those coming back. Always nice to have more people for support.

Yesterday I decided to try on a few summer capri pants. These are ones with a slimmer fit so when I come back from our 6 week cruise in October I couldn't get them over my hits.

Yesterday they went on and I couldn't believe how much room there was in the waist and legs. Guess I'm doing something right.

Now I just have to keep it up.

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday. 

Diana

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, winewanderer said:

Welcome newcomers and those coming back. Always nice to have more people for support.

Yesterday I decided to try on a few summer capri pants. These are ones with a slimmer fit so when I come back from our 6 week cruise in October I couldn't get them over my hits.

Yesterday they went on and I couldn't believe how much room there was in the waist and legs. Guess I'm doing something right.

Diana

Diana, good for you.Keep it up. Take care Rob

3 hours ago, winewanderer said:

Diana

Diana - what a wonderful achievement!  I had my DH bring clothes down from the attic and I'm going to go through them to see what "might fit" ... the too big things (or clothes of my son's from high school) are finally going to the salvation army.  Jan

Hi Everyone,

Newbie here.  Glad to see the check in is on Thursdays as that is my weigh in day for WW.

My cruise leaves in 6 weeks and I am working toward losing 10 lbs in that timeframe so that my summer clothes fit nicely.  It's great to have a short term goal so I think it will be easier to be successful.  Think I'll start trying stuff on in about 3 weeks to see where I am.  Don't want to have to buy new clothes!

On 1/25/2019 at 5:38 PM, snowcamper said:

Hi all!  cruising the end of April, need to shed more than a few pounds by then - but anything is better than nothing!  So I will join you on this journey. Will use today's weight as my start even though it's Friday, lol!

Welcome!  Even though I'm ready for spring and the snow to be gone, your snow globe avatar did bring a smile to my face today 🙂 

The weekend wasn't too bad calorie wise for what it might have been, but still higher calories and salt than I'm used to (plus all the time in the car and at meetings, so low step count).  The good news is we have a decision made now, the bad news is they have a Culver's right down the road (although we did discover a mini is plenty ice cream for us).

It is to be bitter cold here this week, so I think my cardio will be treadmill or video based.  Stay warm everyone!

Hello Everyone.

Welcome Snowcamper and Gmac. Yes you can lose some weight before your cruises.

See you every Thursday.

Rob  I had a quiet weekend but I was to lazy Thanks.. Hope you had a good one.

Diana  Great on the capri pants. Like they say, might not see lbs lost but can lose inches.

Jan  I need to do the same thing. Get Rid Of STUFF!

Pac  I guess Culver's is an Ice Cream place? Beware! Glad Mini is good for you.

Annie  Use to be someone from UK here. Wine and Chocolate , can either be bad?

cruise42..Hope your doing good.

Dave  Did you have a good weekend?

Jo  I hate winter too and I don't even get the snow others get.

Few more days till weigh-In, hope your all doing good.

Stay safe and warm.