photo package

lakers4life

Can someone please advise if it is better to prepay for the photos or not. We are on a 3 night cruise.   How many are usually taken, are photographers always at the meet and greets, and any other informative details regarding this would be appreciated.  thank you

I don't know exactly how much saving you will get by prepaying it. Take myself as example, 5 night normal price is $249, and prepay is $211, roughly $38, or 15% discount. I assume 3 night will be a little bit cheaper, therefore the discount by prepaying it will also be smaller.

To me, the saving is not that much to out weight the hassle of returning in case you don't like the pictures. Also, I plan to use my Disney gift card to pay my onboard spending, which I got them at 12% discount. If you prepay the photo package, you will pay by your credit card, so to me the saving of prepaying is washed out completely.

You can definitely prepay, the discount is about 15%.  You can also ask for it to be refunded (before the last night) if you don't find it worthwhile.  Personally it would not be worth it for me on a 3 night cruise, but, I always dislike lining up for photos. 

For character meets: yes, always there will be photographers.

They also do some more 'formal' type shots with backdrops, but again, on a 3 night cruise I am not certain how many photographers you will encounter. 

On 1/24/2019 at 10:07 AM, lakers4life said:

Can someone please advise if it is better to prepay for the photos or not. We are on a 3 night cruise.   How many are usually taken, are photographers always at the meet and greets, and any other informative details regarding this would be appreciated.  thank you

To clarify a bit - if you purchase the full digital photo package (all photos taken by Shutters photographers onboard), there's a 15% reduction in the price if you pre-purchase.

The other photo packages don't have a pre-purchase discount, as far as I know.  Unless it's a recent change.

There are photo locations in the atrium on dress up night, some with some of the character meet and greets, and roving photographers in the dining rooms, and on Castaway Cay.