Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
randig

Day Pass Resort Options in St Kitts

Recommended Posts

Looking for resort day pass recommendations for St Kitts for a family of four including an 11 year old. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm looking at the Marriott for our day in St Kitts. 

 

We've done an island tour and Carambola.  But seeing as you have an 11 yo i think there would be more for him/her to enjoy.

 

Liz💐⛱️

Edited by knots4crewzing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/24/2019 at 2:08 PM, randig said:

Looking for resort day pass recommendations for St Kitts for a family of four including an 11 year old. 

Family of 4, I agree with the above I would definitely go to the Marriott. You shouldn't need reservation's. Taxi from Port Zante to Marriott is only $7, a very short ride, walk up to the concierge desk on the left tell them what you need, and go have fun. Very family friendly resort and I'm not a family kinda guy. :classic_huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple more that I found -  I found three including the Marriott, also Ocean Terrace and Park Hyatt (maybe I am missing some?). 

Which might be best for OP (sounds like Marriott) 

which would be best for Adults only?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe that the Park Hyatt would be a more enjoyable adult experience. The most expensive of the three.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2019 at 8:24 PM, OCruisers said:

At least consider Palms Court Gardens
While not on the beach has a nice pool and great view of the water.

http://palmscourtgardens.com
 

If it were me, I would take this advice.

I just got back from St. Kitts, have done a couple of these day passes that have been mentioned. The one this individual has recommended is your best option. Palm Court Gardens is the only way to go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2019 at 8:24 PM, OCruisers said:

At least consider Palms Court Gardens
While not on the beach has a nice pool and great view of the water.

http://palmscourtgardens.com
 

This is the nicest day pass on St. Kitts, other than the new Park Hyatt I've done them all, several times. With it being a smaller property, I thought the Marriott for a family of 4 may be a better option. I was at Palm Court Gardens 2 months ago, this place when we left was packed, no kids, not one.

Palm Court Gardens is thee place to be on St. Kitts. High end global cocktail party. I couldn't understand what anybody was saying and they couldn't understand one syllable that came out of my mouth, best time ever. A bloody Mary and a big smile everybody speaks that language every time!! Palm Court Gardens one of the best vibe's in the Caribbean hands down. Far and away the nicest on St. Kitts. Later Todd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've been looking for the same, a day pass, beach, sun, and beer.  We've just booked the Marriott for the 26th of March.  If you call the Marriott St. Kitts (website has number) tell them to transfer you to reservations they will book you in for what day you are arriving and the cost is 35 US for the day per adult.  Less for under 12, but daughter is over so I didn't catch the price.  You don't actually pay until you get to the Hotel.  You will need to guarantee the reservation with CC.  Not sure what cancellation time period is because that's not going to happen.  Hotel is 10 minute taxi ride from port and as mentioned previously about 10 15 dollars per cab.  Settle on cost before getting in.

 

Probably won't need reservation but when I was talking to the reservations lady today she said it's a good idea because they do limit their numbers to keep their hotel guests happy and that with the size of some of the cruise ships they turn away people some days.

Edited by Aesop081

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Aesop081 said:

We've been looking for the same, a day pass, beach, sun, and beer.  We've just booked the Marriott for the 26th of March.  If you call the Marriott St. Kitts (website has number) tell them to transfer you to reservations they will book you in for what day you are arriving and the cost is 35 US for the day per adult.  Less for under 12, but daughter is over so I didn't catch the price.  You don't actually pay until you get to the Hotel.  You will need to guarantee the reservation with CC.  Not sure what cancellation time period is because that's not going to happen.  Hotel is 10 minute taxi ride from port and as mentioned previously about 10 15 dollars per cab.  Settle on cost before getting in.

 

Probably won't need reservation but when I was talking to the reservations lady today she said it's a good idea because they do limit their numbers to keep their hotel guests happy and that with the size of some of the cruise ships they turn away people some days.

Marriott sounds attractive. Does that price include anything such as chairs, umbrellas, any beverages?  Thanks much for this Information!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vineyard View said:

Marriott sounds attractive. Does that price include anything such as chairs, umbrellas, any beverages?  Thanks much for this Information!

Day pass includes

 

  • Access to beautiful Frigate Bay Beach
  • Lounge chairs, umbrellas, and beach cabanas
  • Use of 3 resort swimming pools
  • Whirlpool
  • FREE WiFi
  • 10% discount on food and beverages at select restaurants & bars
  • 15% discount on treatments at the Emerald Mist Spa

    There is a company that will organize this for you but they charge 59 US per day per person and provide nothing but the very same thing you will get by booking through the hotel at 35 pp.  

 

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/skbrb-st-kitts-marriott-resort-and-the-royal-beach-casino/skbrb-exterior-0126-hor-wide.thumb.jpg.6eb9393f7d1f12711f5cfdf28b7fed72.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marriott is wonderful!

All beach chairs sit under cabanas, included with price

Great beach, and huge pool with swim up bar.

😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The cabanas might just put this option over the top!  Thank you for noting this janetz as I did not spot them. Definitely a step above umbrellas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If you have 4 or more with you and any young children, Marriott sells a day room for I believe $135 which gets you the day pass stuff but also gets you a nice room with a shower. Why this is a good deal is if you do the math, its cheaper to get the day room rather then the 4 passes at $35 a piece. We did it for a family of 6 back in 2015. It was really nice to shower off before the ship. I'd only recommend this if you have a family of 4 or 5. You do have to reserve ahead of time. And I dont think or remember if you can book with Marriott points. I think we used it towards our points.

Edited by jean87510

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is a smart move jean87510. We are traveling with friends - so 4 adults. It might be an option. It certainly would be great if you were a family with kids!  Thanks for the idea! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enjoy,

We are returning in January 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, do you just call Marriott and tell them you're on Royal caribbean ship and looking to purchase a day pass (in our case for 5)? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, libertybelle41 said:

So, do you just call Marriott and tell them you're on Royal caribbean ship and looking to purchase a day pass (in our case for 5)? 

 Yes.  Follow the link I provided in post#13 and call their number Mon-Fri 0900-1700 and book in with them.  They will take your CC as a hold but won't charge.  Like a room reservation.  That way if there are tons of walk/drive ups you will have a spot reserved and won't miss out.  I can't remember the lady I talked to but she was very nice and this is nothing new to them.

Edited by Aesop081

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My husband and I are returning here with the hotel day pass for $35 in April. I really liked it here. I remember the pizza being decent and this is high praise from one from outside Philadelphia. There was a small convenience store near there where I remember us stocking up on soda for the kids (we used the day rooms refrigerator and some munchies). Pool was beautiful. Good massage on beach. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2019 at 10:01 AM, jean87510 said:

If you have 4 or more with you and any young children, Marriott sells a day room for I believe $135 which gets you the day pass stuff but also gets you a nice room with a shower. Why this is a good deal is if you do the math, its cheaper to get the day room rather then the 4 passes at $35 a piece. We did it for a family of 6 back in 2015. It was really nice to shower off before the ship. I'd only recommend this if you have a family of 4 or 5. You do have to reserve ahead of time. And I dont think or remember if you can book with Marriott points. I think we used it towards our points.

I did this with about 6 other members from our CC group back in 2010, this is thee only way to go if you have the people to pull it off. We ended up paying $18 a pop, for everything(day pass to the resort and a very nice room) to keep our stuff and take a shower and change into dry clothes before we went back to the ship. It was nice, price couldn't be beat. Our group leader went up and paid for the room I walked up to her and said "How much do I owe you?" she looked at me and said "about $18" I thought she was kidding or leaving something out, nope it was $18 for everything. Best deal ever. 

Yes great massage on the beach not to pricey either, the Marriott is nice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • 2019 Cruisers' Choice Awards
      • NCL Sail-Away Giveaway Sweepstakes - Win a 7-Day Cruise on Norwegian Joy!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Community Contests
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...