Best Loyalty Program

6 minutes ago, Onthetweendeck said:

No rose’ colored glasses here. Fully aware of the Tisdale wine and cheap beers they serve us in the Diamond lounge and bars from the special menu but appreciative of the gesture to save us money on drinks with this perk.

Only if you drink what’s on the list. 

On 1/24/2019 at 9:28 PM, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Is this a marketing scam? 🤔

On 1/24/2019 at 9:40 PM, time4u2go said:

Yeah I was wondering the same thing.  Looks like a shill.

Probably is because of the way they treated the Anthen passengers without ac. There have also been plenty of other times that they have treated them poorly. They're trying to convince people that they are the best. It's probably a RC employee. Blah, blah, blah.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Onthetweendeck said:

No rose’ colored glasses here. Fully aware of the Tisdale wine and cheap beers they serve us in the Diamond lounge and bars from the special menu but appreciative of the gesture to save us money on drinks with this perk.

How much can you really be saving on drinks if you only get 3 drink vouchers? If you want more to drink then you have to stay in the lounge. Also, it's usually the cheapest booze out there.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 2

We were young and cruised Carnival. Enjoyed it. Several times.

I saw a Celebrity ship and dreamed of cruising it. The tennis basketball court was a thing of beauty. I was young I could still compete. A few years later I did and loved Celebrity but playing basketball was mostly solo. I was young others not.

My wife liked Princess so we did a few for years. Zumba was the key.

Tried one Holland America. One and done. Until I’m much older and will return as they get the best parking spot in port. Closest to town.

Norwegian have enjoyed many for Bermuda. Closest to home port.

Currently RCL Diamond and loving it. Elite separately on Celebrity.

As we have aged and experienced and enjoyed all cruise lines we are still open to any possibilities.

I agree RCL is our favorite. Now. We love the perks. But wish RCL had free bags of laundry and dry cleaning as Celebrity for Elite.

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

How much can you really be saving on drinks if you only get 3 drink vouchers? If you want more to drink then you have to stay in the lounge. Also, it's usually the cheapest booze out there.

And how many times have you read that the lounge is over crowded or they no longer have a lounge because they gave it to suite guests and Pinnacles.  On all of the boards that I follow the most complaints come from the upper tier members who always seem to be losing out on perks because of a new policy or by others being allowed to pay for the perks that they earned for being loyal customers.  The more I follow Cruise Critic the more I realize that these loyalty programs are more of a hindrance than a benefit. 

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

3 drinks x$10 x2 people is $60 a day x 7 days is $420.

To me $420 is still a nice savings.

• Like 1

Need to clarify lest it is implied Royal is giving a free cruise each year to Pinnacle members. I believe it is a balcony at the 700 mark, again at the 1050 mark. Then a Junior suite at 1400 and one every 350 thereafter. If anyone can clarify Norwegian’s policy on this similar perk I would appreciate it.

1 minute ago, orville99 said:

If I get $420 worth of drinks for free, how would buying a drink package be a savings? $$cost>free

It was with a smirk that I posted that. But just think, for $60 a day, you could buy the drink package and drink what you want, where you want, when you want. Not restricted to a time slot. Most the alcohol on the list is cheap crappy stuff. Hope your not a Vodka drinker as you really must water down the New Amsterdam to survive. 

21 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Based on your math, it would be a savings to buy the drink package. 

My math must be a little different than yours.  This costs me nothing.  A drink package costs money.

Also this is for 2 people.  Last I checked the drink package for 2  was about $750 (based on a daily price if $45pppd) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

3 drinks x$10 x2 people is $60 a day x 7 days is $420.

To me $420 is still a nice savings.

If you cruise only with RC then you are probably missing out on other cruises that could be cheaper. With the savings you could be buying the drink package or just pay as you go and drink what you want or put the money towards something else.

11 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

It was with a smirk that I posted that. But just think, for $60 a day, you could buy the drink package and drink what you want, where you want, when you want. Not restricted to a time slot. Most the alcohol on the list is cheap crappy stuff. Hope your not a Vodka drinker as you really must water down the New Amsterdam to survive. 

True.

Edited by ReneeFLL

10 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

If that's your drinking habits then maybe that works.  We typically only have a few drinks at night before and with dinner and are happy with either the white zin or the beer. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

My math must be a little different than yours.  This costs me nothing.  A drink package costs money.

Also this is for 2 people.  Last I checked the drink package for 2  was about $750 (based on a daily price if $45pppd) 

The facts remain that most of the alcohol on the list is cheap crappy stuff. They did add Bud Light recently which is an improvement. It’s all about FREE. Ask yourself, would you drink some of that stuff at home. 

7 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

If you cruise only with RC then you are probably missing out on other cruises that could be cheaper. With the savings you could be buying the drink package or just pay as you go and drink what you want or put the money towards something else.

I agree with you however for right now, for us Royal is the best fit as we are travelling with our teens.  Once we start cruising without them other lines ate certainly on our radar.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

2 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

The facts remain that most of the alcohol on the list is cheap crappy stuff. They did add Bud Light recently which is an improvement. It’s all about FREE. Ask yourself, would you drink some of that stuff at home. 

Bud Light doesn't even qualify as a beer - it's like sex in a canoe:classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

5 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Yes.  When we used to bring our own wine on board we used to pick up 6 bottles of arbor mist  at Publix and get change back from a 20. Don't mind the Berringer at all. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes.  When we used to bring out own wine on board we used to pick up 6 bottles of arboretum must at Publix and get change back from a 20. Don't mind the Berringer at all. 

Wine from Publix?  I rest my case. 

Many of the same sold at 7-11. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

What beers on the list is qualify as a beer in your mind?

Nothing that's brewed in America qualifies as beer (they all use synthetic ingredients). Give me a German, Dutch, or Czech beer and I'm a happy camper. Give me a Guiness or Harp, and I'm good to go.

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 9:42 AM, John&LaLa said:

Mixed with sugary cranberry juice cocktail and a lime, you cant tell the difference.   It's all in your head.

Come visit this summer and I'll prove it.

There was an entire segment on Myth Busters dedicated to debunking the "differences" between vodkas. Personal preference is just that - personal. Personally, I like Tito's:classic_smile:, but if someone else is pouring, I like whatever they're pouring:classic_biggrin:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Wine from Publix?  I rest my case. 

Many of the same sold at 7-11. 

I can buy the same vintage that's sold onboard for $100+ for less than $30 at Publix, so it's only quality wine if I pay the $100+????

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 6:23 PM, Onthetweendeck said:

Short answer:.Celebrity

At what they are getting for cruise fare right now, earn your status on Royal Caribbean and they will match your status for that sailing.

Negative: Un-fun Boats. Focus on Customer Satisfaction has been terrible for us.

Diamond, diamond+ and pinnacle only up to Elite. Your negative Celebrity experiences haven't been ours. 

Edited by davekathy