Epic Failure - live onboard now (1.26.2019)

SeaTheW0rld

53 minutes ago, BlazerBeau said:

Well, I'm not sure what they were going for when they name the ship epic. In my mind they have achieved it, however, because this is an epic failure.

Embarkation took over 2 hours because two of the metal detectors were not in use (50% offline) and 8 of the check-in counters we're not staffed (25% offline). 

Dirty cabins space - space I have never had to spend hours cleaning my cabin. Some guy named Satish, I think he was an executive housekeeper or something because he was in white, wouldn't even give me any cleaning products. 

It seems "no" is a favorite word around here. 

This whole freestyle thing is a scam. For  instance, I like to workout first thing in the morning. The gym doesn't open until 6am. Can't do what you want when you want unless the clock says you can. Sounds familiar. 

Unchanging menus, surly staff. 

What an Epic failure. Only 7 days until we return to FL. Just pulling in to Ochos Rios. 

Lighten up and try to enjoy your vacation - seems like you are searching for things to complain about. If your room isn't clean, contact the hotel director., If you want coffee stocked in your room, call your steward. Who in gods name wants to work out before 6 am on vacation? goodness gracious. Make due with what you have available and enjoy your down time while the rest of the country freezes!

If you had read my original post before attacking me, you would know I did all those things. 

On 1/27/2019 at 12:06 PM, graphicguy said:

As with most vacations, it always seems about expectations.

NCL was the first to offer their version of Freestyle, meaning no set dining times (or 2 seatings for dinner), no tuxes, suits, gowns, etc.  I don’t miss that in the least.  They were the first to offer luxury areas like the Haven and Vibe.  They brought Vegas and Broadway type shows at sea...Blu Man Group, Cirque, Million Dollar Quartet, Rock of Ages, Choir of Man, etc.

The others followed, but NCL continues to be innovative and cutting edge in the cruise industry.

As far as cleaning is concerned, I would imagine the steward would insist on making things right himself, if given the chance.

I love sailing NCL (and RCCL, and MSC, etc).  I love their entertainment, their service, the perks.

If things aren’t going to your liking, tell customer service so they can do something about it.  I’ve found they are more than willing to do whatever it takes to make your vacation a good one, if given the chance.

I agree with you!   I work in the most exclusive and expensive offices in my city. You would think the janitorial service is top notch and always perfect.  It's not.  But I know all I need to do is contact the rep and he will bend over backwards to make it right. 

In service jobs you will not always have the continuity across the board.  Some workers might be new, not as trained, not as motivated or not 100% on every single day.   I have had many stewards, and varying results, many in Haven/Suites.  Sometimes it takes a friendly request/complaint up a level or two.  Of course, I give the steward a chance first if at all possible.  But most Hotel Directors will appreciate being given an opportunity to "fix it" than hear complaints after the fact on CC. 

• Like 1

So, I just read your original post.

1-Cleaning crew did not give you cleaning supplies.  If they gave you their supplies, what would they use to do their cleaning with?

2-Non changing menus:  You ate everything on the menu for every meal?  You're on a 7 day cruise.  I'm sure there are more than 7 items.

3-Gym not open before 6am:  I got "asked to leave the gym" at 11pm once.  It was an inconvenience, but I wouldn't expect an overnight attendant so a couple of people could work at at "off hours".

6 minutes ago, April42749 said:

So, I just read your original post.

1-Cleaning crew did not give you cleaning supplies.  If they gave you their supplies, what would they use to do their cleaning with?

2-Non changing menus:  You ate everything on the menu for every meal?  You're on a 7 day cruise.  I'm sure there are more than 7 items.

3-Gym not open before 6am:  I got "asked to leave the gym" at 11pm once.  It was an inconvenience, but I wouldn't expect an overnight attendant so a couple of people could work at at "off hours".

It doesn't appear they were out using the cleaning supplies to begin with. If they had I wouldn't have had to ask. 

There was at least 20 people in a the gym at 6am. Some people like to stay fit. 

Edited by SeaTheW0rld
More