Silent night?

evelyn51

1 minute ago, evelyn51 said:

I'll try Clarea but I've read so many Anthem revirews.  I'm guessing it was a December review.

Well, at least by mentioning the ship name, you may jog some memories here.

Arangom was OP's username.
It was a November sailing out of Bayonne.  Pg 4 of the reviews and the second sentence mentions sailing with an 11 & 13 year old.  Silent, was referred to as a game under Entertainment.  I'm not good at playbook shares, my attempt had the post go to clipboard, but only one word was there... sigh.

Edited by evelyn51

21 minutes ago, niugrads said:

Maybe a reference to Silent Disco where cruisers wear headphones, listening to 2 different DJs and dancing to their mixes?

Could be, that's the only RC activity that comes to mind with the word "silent".

1 hour ago, evelyn51 said:

Arangom was OP's username.
It was a November sailing out of Bayonne.  Pg 4 of the reviews and the second sentence mentions sailing with an 11 & 13 year old.  Silent, was referred to as a game under Entertainment.  I'm not good at playbook shares, my attempt had the post go to clipboard, but only one word was there... sigh.

The poster named Arangom has not posted in two years and has only posted four times and never about the Anthem.

2 hours ago, evelyn51 said:

In a review the OP mentions having enjoyed Silent night?  I'd appreciate description of this activity. 🙂

Silent Disco.

Headphones are given out 2 choices of music.

You dance.

The novelty is gone after first time. I’ve been on Celebrity 14 night cruise and it was offered multiple times. To me it’s a real cheap way of saying that you are providing entertainment. Anthem had it also.

With all the cutbacks and lack of live music this is the latest! 

1 hour ago, VaTech8912 said:

On Anthem, in November, they had the HUSH (ie: silent) dance party from 10pm - midnight in the Music Hall where you wear the headphones and dance away.  We enjoyed this a lot.  Maybe that is what they referred to?

Cool! Our almost 13 year old grandson would love this. 🙂

1 hour ago, cementhands said:

Silent Disco.

Headphones are given out 2 choices of music.

You dance.

The novelty is gone after first time. I’ve been on Celebrity 14 night cruise and it was offered multiple times. To me it’s a real cheap way of saying that you are providing entertainment. Anthem had it also.

With all the cutbacks and lack of live music this is the latest! 

Wow, just goes to show that entertainment is subjective. I've only experienced it on Celebrity but I thought it was the most fun cruise ship entertainment ever. We were really disappointed that they didn't have it on Jewel.

Julie

• Like 1

Absolutely love it.....haven't seen it in a few years on my Royal cruises...was on Celebrity last year and we didn't leave the dance floor..so much fun...good crowd and mix of ages....line up was out the bar for people waiting to get in....

Hoping its on Harmony for our next cruise.