Coed vs. separate Men/Woman saunas/steam rooms

smerrian

2 minutes ago, smerrian said:

How can I find out which ships (Celebrity, RC) have separate saunas/steam rooms? I don't like sitting around inside in a wet bathing suit.

What’s? Every Celebrity and RC ships I have sailed have separate saunas/steam rooms. Don’t they all? 

Wet bathing suit are considered bad form. Dry bathing suits, towels or even robes are preferred. 

Burt

8 hours ago, Beachdude said:

What’s? Every Celebrity and RC ships I have sailed have separate saunas/steam rooms. Don’t they all? 

Wet bathing suit are considered bad form. Dry bathing suits, towels or even robes are preferred.

Burt

Celebrity has their for-fee Persian Garden that is coed. And as the "roach" said, they are starting to eliminate their free non-coed venues.

On two of our Celebrity cruises I gave up using Sauna as many of the other users thought swimsuits wet or dry were not needed.  I don’t think I’m a prude but looking at other people’s (old) saggy private bits was a bit much for me.  Couldn’t work out what to do with my eyes, it was like a trainwreck hard to look away.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gwendy said:

On two of our Celebrity cruises I gave up using Sauna as many of the other users thought swimsuits wet or dry were not needed.  I don’t think I’m a prude but looking at other people’s (old) saggy private bits was a bit much for me.  Couldn’t work out what to do with my eyes, it was like a trainwreck hard to look away.

Close your eyes.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2019 at 12:00 AM, Gwendy said:

You may feel differently in 20 years or so. We seniors enjoy saunas also.

5 hours ago, cruising cockroach said:

You want to go on a German-market ship...

Sailed with MSC around the Med in early Spring, too cold for me to use the pool but the mid Europeans who had endured a very cold Winter loved  the sun and they knew how to “hang out” by the pool. Lol

Any European spa. 😄

I was in Amsterdam and arranged a massage through the hotel.  They used a fitness center across the street.  I went over, and the masseuse was not ready, so they suggested I relax in the sauna.  It was not coed (or at least only men in there), some with towels, many without.

A short while later, the masseuse (female), just walked in, looked around, spotted me, and told me she was ready.

Oh well. 😄

Edited by SRF

• 1 month later...
On 1/30/2019 at 2:25 AM, sverigecruiser said:

I'm not very interrested in the spa but it's included for MSCs Yacht Club so I will probably use it a few times.

I only want to use it if I can use it with my wife! If men and woman are seperated it's not at all interesting for me.

The MSC Thermal Area included free with Yacht Club is great and coed so yes, enjoy with your wife!