How does the free dining at sea work?

bobswife91

HI.  The pricing you are seeing is for folks who do not have the dining package but want to eat at that restaurant.  Some restaurants have a flat cover charge, some have ala cart.  Depending on the restaurant I believe each person on the pkg gets an app, salad, main course, dessert. If you order something extra (like a second entree for one person) then the charge may apply.  I was confused on my recent very first cruise so I asked the waiter before ordering to walk me through how their menu worked and they were very helpful.  We went to Los Lobos, La Cucina and Cagneys.  Hope this helps.

IN WHICH VENUES WILL MY SPECIALTY DINING PACKAGE BE HONORED?

Specialty dining packages are honored in the following specialty restaurants: Steakhouse, French, Italian, Churrascaria, Teppanyaki, Mexican, BBQ and Margaritaville at Sea.

Guests may also choose to dine in other select restaurants, with the following per person upcharges when using their SDP meal:

• Bayamo - $10 USD
  • Cirque Dreams- $10 USD regular seats / $15 USD premium seats / $35 USD VIP seating (Breakaway)
  • Ocean Blue - $10 USD (Except Seafood Extravaganza)
  • Pincho Tapas Bar - $7 USD
  • Sushi -$7 USD
  • Supper Club - $15 USD
  • Cabaret - $18 USD

ARE ANY MENU ITEMS EXCLUDED FROM SPECIALTY DINING PACKAGES?

All menu items on the Specialty Restaurants are included. Additional entrée charges may apply.

Exceptions in the optional Upcharge restaurants are: Seafood Extravaganza in Ocean Blue and the Seafood Platter in Raw Bar. However, if you order these items, the upcharge fee will be waived.