Second thoughts: shore excursion from Koper to Lake Bled / Ljubljana

roupa

I have booked this all day shore excursion...when it was on sale!  Now second guessing myself over the length of on-a-bus time!  Info says it includes a "scenic cruise on the lake in a traditional wooden boat".  That is fine, but I am wondering if we will  be given the time to walk a bit along the lake's shore  and also visit its castle.  Visiting Ljubljana and lunch at a Slovenian Inn  sounds nice as well.

Anybody done this excursion?

Edited by roupa

We did the Lake Bled tour as a private tour not a ship tour a few years ago. Yes it is a long day but an amazing experience. Being rowed  across the lake in the wooden boat, climbing up the stairs and ringing the bell in the church is magical. Ljubljana was ok but Lake Bled was fabulous.

not sure if I can mention guides on here but we toured with Tina Hiti and she was excellent. Perhaps a private tour would suit you better as she may be able to squeeze in a lake walk. With her we opted to buy a sandwich and eat it in the van rather than having lunch in a restaurant and freed up an extra hour so we had more time in Lake Bled and time to stop for a traditional cream cake on the way back to the ship.

The cake is to die for...yum!  Also, if you have ever been to Tahoe, there is an area around Emerald Bay that is quite similar to Lake Bled with the island...take a private tour if possible, as I cannot imagine taking the big bus there; however, do what is best for you...enjoy!