White night party

25thcruise

They have a 'full moon' party at the pool one night and they have invisible paint that glows in the dark(for face painting), and many wear all white on that night!  Its great fun!

Edited by akowilm
  • Like 2

Our cruise on the Equinox last May had a white night! It was rather poorly advertised and not many people actually wore white! We didn’t know this actually happened on celebrity cruises! 

We we were lucky enough to have had all white outfits with us !

For years I had never seen a "white night" party on a Celebrity ship.  Several years ago someone asked about one, and I responded that I had never seen one on Celebrity.   Some one who saves those Celebrity Todays (ours gets pitched the next day) actually posted a schedule on that thread and there was one listed!  

Since then we have been on several Celebrity cruises in which there is a "white night" and folks are asked to wear white.  But I have see photos of white nights on P & O (or maybe another of the UK cruise lines) in which everyone is wearing all white (ie, men with white shoes and white socks), and what you might find on Celebrity won't be anything similar to that.

Returned from the Equinox yesterday. The deck party was announced as a "white night" event. If there were people who were dressed in all white, you could count them on one hand.  Perhaps it would have been helpful for Celebrity to have publicized this pre-cruise. In any case, the party was a blast, provided that you like good music and lots of dancing, which we do.

Edited by Projunior
Edit

Was on the same cruise as Projunior. I saw quite a few people wearing white shirts, but much less wearing white pants. Like suggested if it was advertised pre cruise it probably would have been better. The party was awesome though. Face painting in glow in the dark paint, they had the celebrity show people out their dancing and doing different events, lots of music and dancing. Had it on a beautiful night too! Definitely looking forward to the next one.

They call it a full moon party, but I guess some consider it the same thing.   Celebrity never advertises when it will have these types of parties onboard so you can't prepare for them.  Years ago, they would have island night parties by the pool.  Never advertised those either but quite a few people had tropical type clothing anyway due to sailing in the Caribbean.  

How can I find out if such a white night party will bell held on the Constellation, for the May 21, 2019 cruise?

(I don’t own white clothes yet. On one of our past cruises on X, it seems to me that a white night party occurred and seemed like a lot of fun. So, I am debating if it’s worth buying white clothes.)

9 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

They call it a full moon party, but I guess some consider it the same thing.   Celebrity never advertises when it will have these types of parties onboard so you can't prepare for them.  Years ago, they would have island night parties by the pool.  Never advertised those either but quite a few people had tropical type clothing anyway due to sailing in the Caribbean.  

It is advertised within the Celebrity App Entertainment Schedule, if your ship is incorporated on it, see above screenshot.

1 hour ago, upwarduk said:

Avery different from the Azamara White Night Party, which included food.

DA06AA58-DA99-42F8-AE8D-A184932A7818.jpeg

BBF0BD68-21A8-491E-9617-5BB1D2006F87.jpeg

543485EF-1FC1-46E6-97AD-F7D46AB8828D.jpeg

This looks like the most mature group of cruisers I've ever seen. 

When was this party on Azamara?  It looks like a combination of a mid-night-buffet and International night in the MDR.  I haven't seen anything like this in years. 

In any case, RCL seems to have White Night parties on every Oasis class ship itinerary.  The party is on the second floor of the Solarium around 11 pm and is sponsored by an alcohol company.  

4 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

When was this party on Azamara?  It looks like a combination of a mid-night-buffet and International night in the MDR.  I haven't seen anything like this in years. 

It was on the Quest TA in 2016, Southampton to Montreal. 

No children on board except one officer’s child as there is no children’s club.

5 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

This looks like the most mature group of cruisers I've ever seen. 

In any case, RCL seems to have White Night parties on every Oasis class ship itinerary.  The party is on the second floor of the Solarium around 11 pm and is sponsored by an alcohol company.  

Azamara hosts a White Nights party on every cruise on an evening when the ship is in port late so there can be grilling on deck; it starts about 6 PM.  We've sailed on Azamara twice, and while I appreciate the work the crew puts into the party, we didn't care for the food at the first one we attended, and stuck to the MDR on our next cruise.  Most people really enjoy the party, though!

19 minutes ago, hiccups said:

Azamara hosts a White Nights party on every cruise on an evening when the ship is in port late so there can be grilling on deck; it starts about 6 PM.  We've sailed on Azamara twice, and while I appreciate the work the crew puts into the party, we didn't care for the food at the first one we attended, and stuck to the MDR on our next cruise.  Most people really enjoy the party, though!

I'd probably be with you in the MDR.  It's a nice idea, but I'd rather not have dinner outside if I need to be wrapped in a blanket.

54 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I'd probably be with you in the MDR.  It's a nice idea, but I'd rather not have dinner outside if I need to be wrapped in a blanket.

Our first cruise on Azamara was a British Open cruise in July 2017, and I needed a sweater for the White Nights party.  Last year, we were on an Iberian Peninsula itinerary in April, and no sweater needed.  This year, it will be the Mediterranean in October, so who knows  :classic_smile:

Because I have a sweet tooth, my favorite special event on Azamara has been the chocolate buffet.  I don't know if every cruise has it, or if we've just been lucky and experienced it twice.  While as is standard for most desserts anywhere, they aren't as good as they look, just the sheer volume made me a happy lady!  The chocolate buffet on our British Open cruise included chocolate candy like Mars bars and KitKats so I was able to grab a couple to have later on the cruise.  I was very sad the buffet on the Iberian Peninsula cruise didn't have candy to have my fix later.  Hmmm, maybe I need to post this on the Azamara board 😉

9 hours ago, LIMPIT said:

It is advertised within the Celebrity App Entertainment Schedule, if your ship is incorporated on it, see above screenshot.

Agreed.  But the app is not updated until right before the cruise starts, when many of us are already on the road.  The app also notates it as a 'Full Moon Party', not a white night party, although people tend to turn it into one it seems.