NCL Beach Escape or Resort for a day?

Buford T Justiice

Hi All,

We are a group of six (5 adults / 1 child) looking for recommendations for a nice beach day in Antigua and are considering either NCL's Beach Escape or a resort for the day (beach Limerz? or other suggestions?).

We were contemplating NCL's excursion but read somewhere that it goes to Runaway Beach? Also heard Runaway beach has an odor?  is dirty? Despite the discount on the NCL excursion (total cost with transfers, and lunch equals $240 for the six of us), I have my reservations about the NCL excursion...

We're looking for a nice beach, loungers, umbrellas, shade, and passive things to do: walk, look for shells, etc.

Food / drink is not really important.

Any recommendations would be very helpful.

Thank you,

• 4 years later...
On 1/28/2019 at 11:14 AM, Buford T Justiice said:

Hi All,

We are a group of six (5 adults / 1 child) looking for recommendations for a nice beach day in Antigua and are considering either NCL's Beach Escape or a resort for the day (beach Limerz? or other suggestions?).

We were contemplating NCL's excursion but read somewhere that it goes to Runaway Beach? Also heard Runaway beach has an odor?  is dirty? Despite the discount on the NCL excursion (total cost with transfers, and lunch equals $240 for the six of us), I have my reservations about the NCL excursion...

We're looking for a nice beach, loungers, umbrellas, shade, and passive things to do: walk, look for shells, etc.

Food / drink is not really important.

Any recommendations would be very helpful.

Thank you,

What did you end up doing... ? I am looking at the same options.

54 minutes ago, ISLABONITA said:

What did you end up doing... ? I am looking at the same options.

Limerz was sold out when I emailed them. We ended up going with NCL's Excursion to the Mystic Beach bar / restaurant and had an enjoyable day. Shade was very important to us with my 90 yo mom with us. It's very close to the port and I thought "wow we could have done this on our own". But we had a reserved portion of the beach under permanent palapas; the regular day trippers were squeezed together a little ways down the beach under tiny beach umbrellas. Lunch was a simple salad-chicken bone in-pasta combo. They provided the complementary beverage to us at our palapas. Bathrooms were meh though. Hope this helps.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Buford T Justiice said:

Limerz was sold out when I emailed them. We ended up going with NCL's Excursion to the Mystic Beach bar / restaurant and had an enjoyable day. Shade was very important to us with my 90 yo mom with us. It's very close to the port and I thought "wow we could have done this on our own". But we had a reserved portion of the beach under permanent palapas; the regular day trippers were squeezed together a little ways down the beach under tiny beach umbrellas. Lunch was a simple salad-chicken bone in-pasta combo. They provided the complementary beverage to us at our palapas. Bathrooms were meh though. Hope this helps.

Oh so it wasn't Runaway beach the excursion only says beach break, not Mystic  🏖️

Edited by ISLABONITA