Island Princess Dining

meliss35

2 minutes ago, meliss35 said:

We will be on a 10 night panama canal cruise on Island Princess. If I only went to one specialty restaurant during the cruise, which one do you recommend? Also, is there a Crab Shack on this cruise?

Bayou. Love the surf and turf.

Not impressed with the new Sabatinis menu.

21 minutes ago, meliss35 said:

We will be on a 10 night panama canal cruise on Island Princess. If I only went to one specialty restaurant during the cruise, which one do you recommend? Also, is there a Crab Shack on this cruise?

not a specialty restaurant , but the 'On the Bayou' show is the best we have ever seen on any Princess cruise ship

I would go to the Bayou Cafe.  The Island and the Coral are the only two ships that have this dining venue. 

They should offer the Crab Shack.  It will be in the forward section of the Horizon Court.  I thought it was excellent, but I think the quality depends greatly upon the staff. 

Like so many things, it depends.  We ate at the Bayou and thoroughly enjoyed it.  We are not big fans of Sabatini's but others prefer it over other options. 

The Crab Shack on the Regal was good but... I think the food had MSG in it.  MSG and I don't get along well at all.

dlm

• 4 weeks later...

We were on the Island Princess (Panama) last month. We went to both specialty restaurants. The crab day was up in the horizon on the same evening we went to Sabatini's, so could not attend.  They had the information, including cost, available in our cabin the day we boarded. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Wyoming2010 said:

Can you book the Crab Shack event ahead of time or only when you board?

No.  Book onboard. It is not held every night. It is a pop up restaurant and there will be a notice in the patter as well as being posted outside the buffet.