Travelers Insurance NCL vs Private?

DocRonPS

Does anyone know about using the travel insurance offered by NCL versus any private company?  Which one has the best complete policy, esp for pre-exhisting conditions.

( diabetes etc or taking medications) What do people recommend.  Going on 8 day Baltic on Getaway June 7th.

4 minutes ago, DocRonPS said:

Does anyone know about using the travel insurance offered by NCL versus any private company?  Which one has the best complete policy, esp for pre-exhisting conditions.

( diabetes etc or taking medications) What do people recommend.  Going on 8 day Baltic on Getaway June 7th.

For starters, do take a look at the Travel Insurance section of CC:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/499-cruisetravel-insurance/

Meanwhile, I'd suggest that you contact www.TripInsuranceStore.com (a broker, using several vetted insurers), and ask them about the pre-existing conditions, etc.

We use them, and have gotten policies from Travel Insured (and they've paid promptly when we've had claims).

But CALL TIS, do not just read the online summaries, as the fine print can really matter with insurance.

I think you'll find better coverage, and for less money, using a third-party insurer.

GC

4 minutes ago, GeezerCouple said:

For starters, do take a look at the Travel Insurance section of CC:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/499-cruisetravel-insurance/

Meanwhile, I'd suggest that you contact www.TripInsuranceStore.com (a broker, using several vetted insurers), and ask them about the pre-existing conditions, etc.

We use them, and have gotten policies from Travel Insured (and they've paid promptly when we've had claims).

But CALL TIS, do not just read the online summaries, as the fine print can really matter with insurance.

I think you'll find better coverage, and for less money, using a third-party insurer.

GC

THANKS!!!!!!!!!

I looked at www.tripinsurancestore.com on advice from others.  Got a quote for medical only that includes my travels prior to Copenhagen for $80 with pre-exhisting condition.  I did not care about ship issue, etc.  Only medical emergencies.

I spoke with Kim.  $80 for more days and $250 from NCL!

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 1:11 PM, roger001 said:

I just use what my TA company provides.   Premium is about 8% I think now.   For me, it is just the easiest route.   

Wow,  we are paying 4.4% for preexisting condition insurance for the all in air fare, hotel, transfers, cruise using 3rd party.    For us that would be a $252 splurge to pay off the TA.--though likely much better than the NCL direct premiums.  Like car and furniture sales, the add ons like insurance may be the only real profit center for NCL and TA.  It may be easier but some have better things to do with their money than pay off middle people or bonuses.

I usually buy the trip insurance for the cruise from the cruise line.  However, we generally do a land trip in conjunction with our cruise, so I purchase medical evacuation and medical insurance from AmEx for self and Wife.  Last trip for two weeks cost about $50 US total.

I also bought private insurance from insure my trip and the policy even covered the brand new IPOD my son left on the airplane! We were reimbursed for the full amount I paid for it with a copy of the receipt.

Edited by Jenner9