Queen Mary 2 video tour

GP&LK

We have finally uploaded our Queen Mary 2 video tour to YouTube:

We hope it’s useful to some of you 🙂

Our first ever video was filmed in 2014 on QM2, so it was nice to improve that with this one which is from our November short voyage. 

You can also find our overview of the cruise at https://holidaysatsea.co.uk/cunard-queen-mary-2-qm2-review

Just a note: We are NOT travel agents, we simply do this as we enjoy it. This is our first ever tour with commentary, so be gentle. It’s all filmed and edited on an iPhone. We paid £306 per person for this 3 night mini voyage.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thank you all for the great feedback! We love QM2 and it’s taken us ages to get the video done as we wanted to do it right, she’s such a beauty and we didn’t want to rush it.

Thanks again, we really appreciate it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GP&LK said:

Thank you all for the great feedback! We love QM2 and it’s taken us ages to get the video done as we wanted to do it right, she’s such a beauty and we didn’t want to rush it.

Thanks again, we really appreciate it.

Congratulations!

You didn't rush it which made it just GREAT! Glad you took your time to make it so memorable. I do the same thing to get the most out of all the video I take.

If you have more, appreciate your work. 

• Like 1

GREAT JOB!!!! In my opinion you have truly captured the essence of the QM2. 

We actually saw 2 venues in your video that we weren't even aware of from our 2 crossings on the QM2.

One minor note, you referenced the Commodore's Cufflinks as replica ship's propeller blades. It is my understanding that they are actual spare blades but I could easily be wrong about that.

Thanks again for a wonderful tour of the QM2

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jack E Dawson said:

GREAT JOB!!!! In my opinion you have truly captured the essence of the QM2. 

We actually saw 2 venues in your video that we weren't even aware of from our 2 crossings on the QM2.

One minor note, you referenced the Commodore's Cufflinks as replica ship's propeller blades. It is my understanding that they are actual spare blades but I could easily be wrong about that.

Thanks again for a wonderful tour of the QM2

Thanks again to everyone for the lovely comments 🙂

Jack, don’t get me started on that point, I did try and get the other half to change the wording for that bit! Haha. Glad you enjoyed the video though 🙂 

Thanks for the video. I did a NYC - Southampton back to back TA in Sept.’17 and I am doing it again this Easter Sunday. It was so nice to relive the crossing by way of your great video and wheted my anticipation for April. Tom 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nybumpkin said:

Thank you for the great video. We're sailing QM2 for the first time this summer (same voyages as jimdee3636) and this really helped me plan some of our onboard activities.  

So glad it helped! 🙂

On 1/29/2019 at 4:46 AM, GP&LK said:

We have finally uploaded our Queen Mary 2 video tour to YouTube:

We hope it’s useful to some of you 🙂

Very useful and appreciated!   Well done!   I have noted some areas as a must sea/see during my upcoming voyage.   

Bless you and thank you! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LambKnuckles said:

Very useful and appreciated!   Well done!   I have noted some areas as a must sea/see during my upcoming voyage.   

Bless you and thank you! 

On 1/30/2019 at 10:28 PM, Meliador007 said:

Thank you for this....I very much appreciate the time spent doing this...I cannot wait to embark on this grand QM2!

Thank you both. Hope you enjoy your cruises, QM2 is spectacular!

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, GP&LK said:

For anyone interested we have also added a couple of daily videos on our YouTube with what we got up to each day - which mainly consisted of eating and ummm more eating! Haha

Looking forward to viewing them now.

Great job on the first one!

Great video, we are first time cruisers sailing TA on Easter Sunday and back on 5th May. This has given us a much clearer picture of what to wear in the daytime ( thought it would be 24hour cocktail dress 😉 ). I will check out your youtube videos!

On 1/30/2019 at 2:26 AM, GP&LK said:

Thanks again to everyone for the lovely comments 🙂

Jack, don’t get me started on that point, I did try and get the other half to change the wording for that bit! Haha. Glad you enjoyed the video though 🙂 

Good news, I think we have a definitive answer as to weather the Commodore's Cufflinks are ACTUAL replacement propeller blades or just replica-art. Below is a picture of the plaque on the QM2 next to blades. Apparently, they are the real thing.

blogger-image-2001617421.jpg.6c12e04ba7f0c612a70377c7b51899d1.jpg

2 hours ago, Jack E Dawson said:

Good news, I think we have a definitive answer as to weather the Commodore's Cufflinks are ACTUAL replacement propeller blades or just replica-art. Below is a picture of the plaque on the QM2 next to blades. Apparently, they are the real thing.

blogger-image-2001617421.jpg.6c12e04ba7f0c612a70377c7b51899d1.jpg

Thanks for digging that out! I can have my “told you so moment” 😊